I signed the biggest piece of shit in Drum & Bass, I wish I had known!!

Okay guys, there's so much hate on Indivision right know that i feel like i need to protect this (/these?) guy(s?) in a way. So maybe that guy who's behind all that might be the biggest dickhead, i won't argue about that too much. I don't know the man behind Indivision, i only know that he do a lot of posts about how poor he is because he is a DnB producer and no DnB producer is able to earn money, which literally pisses me off but that's another topic.

So, maybe he isn't Rusko but he still did some great tunes back the last years. Also he was played on BBC 1xtra, Hospital Podcast and i think he even is on UKF. Receiving remixes from Chords, Grafix, Phetsta or Mitsabishi (lol) isn't also not that bad. I even know a lot of local people here who are really into his music. Listen to stuff like Won't You Stay or the collab with Clarity, Without A Thought. If it's not your taste that's okay but saying that all of the music is so shitty is argued single-edge.

So, i'm sorry for what happened on this gig and what happened to the label and honestly i can't really say who's right in this case but people need to see both sides of the coin.

To answer the question.... Are these tracks worth the hassle?

I don't know... but put your self in my shoes. You work a modestly paid full time job and attempt to squeeze in building your record label around a full time job. What little money you are able to save and invest you do into projects like this. One of them features two other artists and I've also commissioned a video to be made which is being shot now, this didn't come cheap. Do those artists deserved to be punished for his actions? Bare in mind that they are on commissioned based royalties and he was the only one paid in full and upfront. He has already released the first track for free so I am assuming he will have no hesitation to fuck them out of what they will eventually be due in terms of royalties by doing the same with this track.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to cut my ties with this vile money grabbing whore but it's not as black and white as that :(

I also agree that the artist probably should have been paid in full for the booking (technically speaking). I was in the process of negotiating with them and would have fought his corner till the end. However, the artist kept bypassing me and sending legal threats to the promoter directly via email and phone, very shortly after the booking. This undermined my ability to negotiate with them and pushed the promoters away further. He was sending letters signed by his attorney that I had no idea about, his 'attorney' actually turned out to be his GF who has no legal authority at all. The public rants to the promoter via Facebook didn't help either. Due to this my promoters began to distance themselves even more. The artist then blamed me for the lack of progress in obtaining the final parts of the fee and told me to fuck off (before begging me to come back the next day) whilst also threatening to release all unreleased material signed with my label for free.

Grimm might be interested in this one... he is the vocalist. Doubt he gave any permission for this to be given away for free. He's not been credited either.

Haha, well done Harry!

This thread in itself is big promo for these Indivision guys btw. I'd never heard of them before, and had to check the choons out of curiosity

Time & Space isn't bad. Especially for free (sorry). Can't seem to play the other one? Comes up with an error msg on my phone

But, if they're releasing those tunes just to spite you (hehe), then you really should send them an 'International Signed-For' parcel containing the finest bleach Poundland has to offer

17k facebook likes is ridiculous for artists of that poor quality. Its also weird how Emperor has about the same amount of likes but more than double the follower interaction.

that's what i thought. you reckon they are buying facebook likes and soundcloud follows?

Profile pic on his FB page is hilarious

h0unsp8lccc2pad3edkue4m9q3_screen-shot-2014-07-15-at-23.47.39.png

How do I feel about slagging him off? I find it highly therapeutic. Let's get this straight, I'm not slagging off the music (I like some tracks and there are some I don't). However I am disgusted by the way he conducts himself within the industry and I'm happy to relay that to others, that's what this all boils down to.

probanly not a good idea. then again any publicity is good publicity? indivision got "big" through their previous scandal haha

Back
Top Bottom