Been a while. Looking for feedback.

The tracks certainly have a nice and liquid feel to them
The drums sound a bit 'easy' though. I'm not really sure how to explain this, a bit of a poor choice of samples I think. Or it sounds a bit too 'created' too much like a sequencer, while drums should need a bit of a live feel. Try to layer a break on top of it. Just lowcut that break and put in on top. I think that will help alot
The melodies certainly work, and the synths for them sound nice as well.
One more point though: that bass... In both tracks it sounds like it's just a sine. If there is only one bass, a sine isn't interesting enough. Try adding a layer of a different sounding bass, of a highcut reese maybe..

The tracks certainly have a nice and liquid feel to them
The drums sound a bit 'easy' though. I'm not really sure how to explain this, a bit of a poor choice of samples I think. Or it sounds a bit too 'created' too much like a sequencer, while drums should need a bit of a live feel. Try to layer a break on top of it. Just lowcut that break and put in on top. I think that will help alot
The melodies certainly work, and the synths for them sound nice as well.
One more point though: that bass... In both tracks it sounds like it's just a sine. If there is only one bass, a sine isn't interesting enough. Try adding a layer of a different sounding bass, of a highcut reese maybe..

I worked on what you mentioned. I updated forever with a break layered in to help fill the beat. Thanks for the feedback. Still working on them.

Hey man !

The break is doing work ; I can feel the difference between Forever & Time. But I still think your drums needs some work cause tbh the melodic elements are nice ; especially like the ones in Forever. Just need to crisper that up. Try layering the snares / kick a bit more ; and maybe change some samples sounds to see if that works better. The kick sounds a bit muddy and weak.

On a side note I agree with pretty much everything Crizis said.

I'll maybe add adding some fx and white noises here and there to ease the transitions.

keep up the good work!
cheers

Back
Top Bottom