DJ Comp Section Suggestions

If you can read and are reading this sentence in particular, feel free to start an all headz mix. 15-20 mins long.
Once the other mix comp is completed we'll wrap this one up and try and keep them flowing along nicely from there.

Are we going for just the main Metalheadz label on this one?
Or are we allowed to include MethXX & Metalheadz Platinum?

And where the phantom menace have u been Dee?
I thought u'd run off to the country to form a family band.

Id be in for some of this, good way to check out labels and add to my catalogue, as well as embarrassing myself in one go. Any form of delivery allowed? Just waiting on my decks getting sent to me, might not have in time for start of compo.

Yes mate. Any way is cool.

We'll do the Metalheadz only mix.
Rules = Record a mix using only Metalheadz (and sub labels) around 15-20 ish mins in length.
Upload your mix anywhere you like, PM me the link and the tracklist. Thats it!

Oh and one more rule. Tracklist!
This time round I won't message you back asking for the tracklist, i'll just pretend i didn't get your entry. well probably not but i've made my point. Tracklist is important yo.

Tony's comp will be drawing to a close soon, once the winner of that is decided, we'll give it 2 weeks to get your entries in. -Get them in early to avoid disappointment.

N.B. - Taking part is fun so join in, regardless of your opinion of your level of DJ skill.

Tips for you mixes....

Selection > Mixing

It's a big label, lots to choose from. New, old, a combination of both, a certain style or flavour, a random selection, or even a mix with only 1 artist from metalheadz. The choice is yours. Make it count.

Any questions, feel free to shout at me.

Yes mate. Any way is cool.

We'll do the Metalheadz only mix.
Rules = Record a mix using only Metalheadz (and sub labels) around 15-20 ish mins in length.

Oh and one more rule. Tracklist!
This time round I won't message you back asking for the tracklist, i'll just pretend i didn't get your entry. well probably not but i've made my point. Tracklist is important yo.

Tony's comp will be drawing to a close soon, once the winner of that is decided, we'll give it 2 weeks to get your entries in. -Get them in early to avoid disappointment.

N.B. - Taking part is fun so join in, regardless of your opinion of your level of DJ skill.

Tips for you mixes....

Selection > Mixing

It's a big label, lots to choose from. New, old, a combination of both, a certain style or flavour, a random selection, or even a mix with only 1 artist from metalheadz. The choice is yours. Make it count.

Any questions, feel free to shout at me.

Pulp fiction b2b pulp fiction b2b pulp fiction b2b pulp fiction
Did I Say I was gonna play pulp fiction :teeth:

- - - Updated - - -

Better be metalheadz

Are we going to title our mixes as unknown entries Ted? like 'Metalheadz minimix 69' (or pick a random number / letter) for example, as opposed to 'The Watcha's Metalheadz minimix'?

That way we can have blind votes and total them up if we are going to have a 'winner chooses the next label' style championship comp :)

And is Zippy Share one of the better sites for this?

Good plan mate.
Yeah title it anything you like but don't put your name in it.
That way I can upload the mixes to mixcloud and give out the same download link. That way I don't have to re-upload them.

Zippyshare is recommended, I've found it to be one of the quicker places to upload to without sign in/limits etc.

Just title it anything i guess, just not the obvious, teddy can always re-upload it once its done

ya man.
[MENTION=55488]Jwood27[/MENTION] good to see you back online dude.

Loaded up all my metalheadz mp3s to the ipod and been flicking through them. Got about 70 tunes down I'd like to put in the mix. Selection is gonna be tough to narrow down. Be interesting to see what tracks others reach for.

Back
Top Bottom