DJ Comp Section Suggestions

If we keep the mixes relatively short, then we can turn them around reasonably quickly.

Sound. Yeah, relatively short is a good idea. That way it shows you what peeps can do in said time. More of a challenge than a restriction :)

As Danny and Tone have mentioned already, somewhere around the 10 / 20 min mark or somewhere in between is a good amount of time and you can listen through a few of them in an hour when whoever is judging them

What about having a championship competition like the F1.

Say we run with the idea ‘label mini mixes’ and we have a points system, like 12 points for winning that week (and getting to choose the next label) 10 for second place, 8 for third, 7 for fourth, down to 1 point for tenth place. Mixes would be private (A, B, C etc with no named entrants), 20 mins long, we wouldn't have judges, just that whoever enters has to vote for the top 10 entries and more votes from others who don’t take part. Tally up the votes, see gets the 10 places each week and have a leader board to see where everyone is standing.

Then there would be weekly winners and at the end of the championship, say 15 weeks / labels, there is an overall winner who has the most points who holds the title of being most versatile. I’m sure at least 10 of us would be interested and if less than 10 entered each week, we just worked down from 12 points to the amount of people who entered. Then it would encourage others to submit a mix

We could run the championship each year.

What about having a championship competition like the F1.

Say we run with the idea ‘label mini mixes’ and we have a points system, like 12 points for winning that week (and getting to choose the next label) 10 for second place, 8 for third, 7 for fourth, down to 1 point for tenth place. Mixes would be private (A, B, C etc with no named entrants), 20 mins long, we wouldn't have judges, just that whoever enters has to vote for the top 10 entries and more votes from others who don’t take part. Tally up the votes, see gets the 10 places each week and have a leader board to see where everyone is standing.

Then there would be weekly winners and at the end of the championship, say 15 weeks / labels, there is an overall winner who has the most points who holds the title of being most versatile. I’m sure at least 10 of us would be interested and if less than 10 entered each week, we just worked down from 12 points to the amount of people who entered. Then it would encourage others to submit a mix

We could run the championship each year.

sounds good man count me in

What about having a championship competition like the F1..........

Cool. Thats 7 of us if Ted is in too.

Who else is definitely interested in this off the first page and anyone else?

Keen to see this start. Maybe see if anyone is interested for a couple more weeks Ted, or until the 3rd week in August?
Then this suggestions page will have been up for a month. Maybe post something in the Members Mixes to see if anyone else wants in?

So I take it that these are the heads that are on it so far :-

Teddy
Dannyboy93
Stu (Agent Smith)
Tony (hyperd4eva)
me (The Watcha)
Fallen Gemini
James (Jwood)
Trevor (t345e)
Wayne (Subjekt Music) potentially

sam the dnb man?
eurotide?
russla-dj?

Anyone else on it? And can the last 3 say weather they are on taking part? The more people, the more open the comp would be

I can't really do a label mix unfortunately. I don't have enough tunes on one label. My collection is just bits and pieces of other labels.

Great idea. Aah. I wish I could commit to this but I don't think I'd have enough tunes or time to be able to do it for 15 weeks. I'll definitely keep an eye on the competition and look out for any other comps that come about. Might have a go at the vinyl one :)

So I am just going to crack on and record an all Headz mix. Holla when we are up and running and i'll get it online to get the ball rolling.

Yeah, sweet stu. We'll do the headz mix after the win a vinyl off tony one. Think that one closes early September.

If you can read and are reading this sentence in particular, feel free to start an all headz mix. 15-20 mins long.
Once the other mix comp is completed we'll wrap this one up and try and keep them flowing along nicely from there.

Yes J. We can do an all hospital, no probs at all.

Keep your suggestions flying in guys.

So I take it that these are the heads that are on it so far :-

Teddy
Dannyboy93
Stu (Agent Smith)
Tony (hyperd4eva)
me (The Watcha)
Fallen Gemini
James (Jwood)
Trevor (t345e)
Wayne (Subjekt Music) potentially

sam the dnb man?
eurotide?
russla-dj?

Anyone else on it? And can the last 3 say weather they are on taking part? The more people, the more open the comp would be

im out, just not good enough.

Well said FG
There are some fantastic djs on here and hopefully some of them will take part.
It can be a big daunting. I get that. A bit like being a kid in a wheel chair taking on Usain Bolt. But in reality, noting like that at all.

It's all about the taking part (cliché i know)
To be honest, I'm not interested in picking a winner for each one we do. Its all about having a selection of mixes with the same theme to listen to and enjoy. Will be interesting to see what people come up with and how each one differs.

Entering will be a great way to compare your mixes to others. If your interested in improving your skills and getting feedback, I think entering into one of these is going to be more beneficial than simply posting a mix up. (unless the watcha gives you feedback - in that case, I don't think this can compete)

In all seriousness, please don't be put off entering/taking part. Regardless of your own opinion of your level of skill. Your toughest critic is always yourself and never the most helpful.

Back
Top Bottom