DJ Comp Section Suggestions

I've actually been looking into what you need to do to get a podcast on itunes.
I think its doable but need to find out some more info first. Would be swish if we could.

I've actually been looking into what you need to do to get a podcast on itunes.
I think its doable but need to find out some more info first. Would be swish if we could.

Yep, I don't think it'll be too hard to get established producers/label owners to do guest mixes either - especially those that use the forum.

Last day to submit your mixes to have your mixtape stickied for all of May.
Big up to everyone who's already submitted mixes. We've got a lovely selection so far.

I'll create a poll so we can vote for a winner tomorrow.

Question for @Agent Smith - did you notice a boost in plays/likes/follows or anything when your mix was stickied?

Generally I notice my mixes peak around 200/250 plays, this one reached that quite quickly to be honest, so probably helped!
Saying that my Grooves promo mix is almost at 1000 plays and I can't say I spam the life out of social media trying to get people to listen, so I guess its really down to who likes it and who shares it on.

Loads of mix submissions this month. Big up guys.

Couple more days to get your entries in. Last call

Generally I notice my mixes peak around 200/250 plays, this one reached that quite quickly to be honest, so probably helped!
Saying that my Grooves promo mix is almost at 1000 plays and I can't say I spam the life out of social media trying to get people to listen, so I guess its really down to who likes it and who shares it on.

Fair enough sounds like it only had a small impact if anything then. In that case, we could make it a rule that everyone that enters should be gracious in defeat and share/repost the winner's mix on at least one form of social media/soundcloud/mixcloud.

Fair enough sounds like it only had a small impact if anything then. In that case, we could make it a rule that everyone that enters should be gracious in defeat and share/repost the winner's mix on at least one form of social media/soundcloud/mixcloud.

All well being gracious, how many people will actually do that? I could count 3/4 of us max.

Tbh you can tell people are using this mix comp for self promotion and not even listening to other entrants, unfortunately we have no control over this which sucks...

We have gained interest from a lot more people, just need to expand our dwindling community.

All well being gracious, how many people will actually do that? I could count 3/4 of us max.

Tbh you can tell people are using this mix comp for self promotion and not even listening to other entrants, unfortunately we have no control over this which sucks...

We have gained interest from a lot more people, just need to expand our dwindling community.

Absolutely true, but even if 4 out of 15 entrants share it somewhere it's better than nothing, right?

To the dwindling community point, we definitely do. I think we need to give all the lurkers a reason to post and interact, and I think the mix comp is good for that. There will be hundreds if not thousands of people that read this forum regularly but don't even have an account, or do but have never posted. I was lurking here for a good 3 years before I started to post

Could even be as simple as actually making an effort to welcome people in the introductions section. Only a handful of those threads ever get a response.

Absolutely true, but even if 4 out of 15 entrants share it somewhere it's better than nothing, right?

To the dwindling community point, we definitely do. I think we need to give all the lurkers a reason to post and interact, and I think the mix comp is good for that. There will be hundreds if not thousands of people that read this forum regularly but don't even have an account, or do but have never posted. I was lurking here for a good 3 years before I started to post

Could even be as simple as actually making an effort to welcome people in the introductions section. Only a handful of those threads ever get a response.

I'm a lurker / poster hybrid. I lurk more than I post but I like the fact this forum tends to be of a mature approach. Everyone's cool most of the time and it gives me access to loads of information on tracks / artists etc.

Only D&B related forum I really bother with.

Timeline mix was almost 5 years ago.
Who's up for another one? I'm happy to co-ordinate something.

Thoughts, suggestions, themes, volunteers?

Timeline mix was almost 5 years ago.
Who's up for another one? I'm happy to co-ordinate something.

Thoughts, suggestions, themes, volunteers?

I'm down to do something mate fuck knows what though lol need a reason to record a mix

OK...
lets gets cracking with something yeah.
If you got some skills on the wheels, let me know you're interested.
Unless anyone has any ideas on what to do, I was thinking random freestyle of anything you can mix... X amounts of tracks each etc

OK...
Unless anyone has any ideas on what to do, I was thinking random freestyle of anything you can mix... X amounts of tracks each etc

Maybe force people to switch up genres? So mix has to contain same number of tracks of two or more different genres? (jungle/dnb count as one)

Keep methods seperate. i.e. vinyl djs against vinyl / digi against digi

20 minutes off the cuff and u must have at least three sub genres...Literally just hit record and go....Would be interesting to see what people come up with

OK...

would be kind of fun, if each guy provided their discogs,
and your opponent got to browse through and pick say, 10 tracks that you had to mix together.

not a bad idea but i dont have a discogs so i would have to find a way to send my recordbox file

Back
Top Bottom