DnB Want to start up- what do I need?

zar2731

Hello, I've always loved drum & bass and I want to get into DJ'ing and creating mixes and so on. However I have no idea what's a good starter set to buy to get me up and running?

Any help on what I should be looking to get would be appreciated greatly and any tips would also be appreciated.

Thanks

there are load of posts like these here... use the search bar, take a look before you randomly post

in short, what you need
something to dj with; vinyl (2 turntables, mixer, vinyl), digital vinyl (laptop, digital vinyl system, turntables/cdj's, mixer), cd's/usb (cdj's, mixer), midi (laptop, midi controller)
speakers
headphones
music

my recommendation, start with a midi controller. it's cheap and easy. perfect to get into djing and learn the basics. Look for numark (mixtrack, n6), pioneer (wego, sx, s) or reloop (do'nt really know anything from them, but they're good)
What i don't recommend: vinyl. if you don't have tons of vinyl laying around, don't start building up music with vinyl now.

Personally I would recommend mixing on vinyl if you have the money, started 2-3 years ago and don't regret it at all, before that used to mix on a MIDI controller and it bored me. Once you get your set up 1st of all you have to work on beat matching and then take it from there. Also if you do decide to go down the route of MIDI controllers I would suggest one where you can adjust the pitch so you can learn to beat match. What sort of price are you looking to spend on your first set up and what mixing route you thinking of going down (vinyl, CDJ or MIDI)?

Personally I would recommend mixing on vinyl if you have the money, started 2-3 years ago and don't regret it at all, before that used to mix on a MIDI controller and it bored me. Once you get your set up 1st of all you have to work on beat matching and then take it from there. Also if you do decide to go down the route of MIDI controllers I would suggest one where you can adjust the pitch so you can learn to beat match. What sort of price are you looking to spend on your first set up and what mixing route you thinking of going down (vinyl, CDJ or MIDI)?

I am thinking CDJ, something about it appeals to me, instead of just using the computer if you get me? Well I think that's how it works.. Just to have a folder of CDs with tracks on which I can cycle through sounds sweet to me.

Price probably around £200 ish is that was possible?

Thank you for your response

He is miles away from me and wants cash on collection :( Is that all I'd need?

Do you recommend CDJs over USB stuff?

Thanks

I would recommend CDJ's, that's pretty much all you need other than headphones, speakers and tunes mate

Back
Top Bottom