Oppurtunity Knoxx Vol.4

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
My new mix. It's all halftime. I did another halftime mix a little while ago but tried to tease a lot of hip hop into it and this time just wanted to show that I could mix halftime. Couple of the traks switch up from halftime but I thought that kept it from getting to sleepy so to speak. Any feedback would be great as always.

EZ

https://soundcloud.com/beknoxx/oppurtunity-knoxx-vol4

Tracklist
1.Autorun and Iaco - Vocallion
2.Dexta and Hyroglifics - Boxgroove
3.Hyroglifics - Bay City Ballers Club
4.Transparent - Awkward Guys
5.Kije - Traitor
6.Yung-E - Enzymes
7.Survey - Swim
8.Arkaik - The Hustle
9.Arkaik and Coma - Heat Seeker
10.Charli XCX - You're The One (Dub Phizix RMX)
11.Enei - Get Low
12.Transparent - Wretch
13.Hyroglifics - Kilamanaman
14.Mauoq - Dry Water
15.Hyroglifics - Move Over
16.Gunston - Resurgence
17.Arkaik - Babylon Dub
18.Mauoq,Kolectiv and Dexta - Temper Glass
19.J.Robinson - The Cut VIP feat. Shima and MC Info
20.Wasabe - Wiggle It (dub)
21.Kiril - These Words (free)
22.Transparent and C-Side - Oyimo VIP
23.Autorun and Iaco - The Absence
24.Arkaik,Dexta and Mauoq - One Last Time
25.J.Robinson and Amoss - Jigsaw

Thanks Danny...always a pleasure. Couple of little slips but over all im really happy with this one......

EZ

already given this a listen and big mix man. Track selection and mixing was on point as always, loads of new tunes in there I have never heard before which is always nice. Liked the Hyroglifics - Bay City Ballers Club > Transparent - Awkward Guys mix, thought the tunes worked really well together and never heard awkward guys before, will definitely need to be checking out more of transparent's tunes. Favourite section in this mix had to be Arkaik and Coma - Heat Seeker > Charli XCX - You're The One (Dub Phizix RMX) > Enei - Get Low > Transparent - Wretch, great selection there, was a little out on get low > wretch but quick recovery mate, also love the dub phizix remix of you're the one, massive tune. Quite a few track I.D.s I need, too many tunes I didn't know in the mix lost track of where I was haha, the mix at 47 mins in was a great mix what track did your bring in there? also tracks around 50 min and 57 min mark were massive tunes but don't have a clue where they are in the track list?? Big up on this mix mate will be putting this one on my Ipod for sure

props danny as always mang. I know i missed that get low/wretch by a little bit. wretch has a long time in between the symbols and i couldn't tell how far off i was so had to fix it after the break. some other little slips in there too but over all pretty good.

Trak at 47 minute is Was A Be - Wiggle It.......it's a dub that he sent me.

50 minute mark is a double drop with Kiril - These words and Transparent - Oyimo..... the kiril trak is free on his SC page....put a link in the comments on my SC if you want it.

57 minute mark is a double drop with Arkaik,Dexta and Mauoq - One Last Time/ J.Robinson and Amoss - Jigsaw....i gotta little crazy at the end ha ha i always do that...can't just stand there for some reason

thanks for the track I.D's, this mix has introduced me to transparent, never heard any of his tracks before and I am loving his sound so big up for that mate, will be looking out for your next mix

Safe Danny....that Concrete Jungle EP from Transparent is one of my favorite releases this year. Highly recommended.

Anybody else?

Wasn't sure I'd live thru an all 1/2 time mix but I did, nice beat progressions throughout with a tight cohesive build.
Like Danny I discovered a couple of names in there as usual while listening to your mixes, thanks for that.

Am aware what was the nature of the exercise on this one, but would be curious to see you mix different flavours / sub genres in one mix,
looking at the spectrum of what you drop.

Nice one, expecting the next one as soon as possible :)

Seen you post quite a few of these mixes and never commented.

However - even though this is not really what i'd listen to, I actually forwarded this mix onto a couple of non-forum heads who really enjoyed it.

For me personally was nice hearing You're The One (Dub Phizix RMX) and the Cut VIP which are recognisable to me personally. Certainly no issues with mixing - felt this mix progressed very well and the blends were pretty cool...

Would be interested if you have any non-half time mixes knocking out Beknoxx.

Big ups

Safe Agent........ thanks for sending this to some other people to check out.

I have 2 other Oppurtunity Knoxx volumes up on my SC. They are a little older and they both have a wide range of sub-genres in them if you want to check them out. I'm getting ready to do an all liquid mix and was going to do a mix of just heavier tunes but didn't like the way it was turning out so i think im gonna scratch it. Hopefully i can record the liquid mix soon. I can shoot you a message when it goes up if you want.

Do you have any mixes up...i feel like i have listened to one of yours before but i can't remember.

- - - Updated - - -

EZ Watcha.......curious to see what the Dub Detective thinks about this one ha ha..... oh and no backspins this time!

What can I say about this? Lets start with only knowing about 5 of the tunes in the TL, which made for a great listen, not knowing what (mostly) the next tunes were going to be like. Liked the mixes around those 5 tunes (Bay City Ballers Club, Swim, You're The One rmx, Get Low & Kilamanaman) and liked alot of the mixes with the tunes I'd never heard before.

Loved the fact that it was virtually a whole half time mix for an hour. Great transitions, levels and EQ'ing. Really liked the tune around the 50 min mark, with the similar vocal to Move Away and Bumbaclaat with the 'bumbaclaat' vocal. Help on the ID please Beknoxx. And also the tune earlier on where the MC / vocalist is chatting about 'getting over the boarderline' and 'it will blow your mind'..... something like that. ID on that one as well please man :) Might come back to you with some more ID's

Going to have to give this a fair few more listens as it has been one of the best mixes I have heard in a while, for quality of tunes, blends and as an eye opener to tunes I have not heard before, all those elements combining to make one hell of a mix (if you love half time dnb ;) ). Also, will be keeping the tracklist for when I eventually make the switch to Traktor / Serato as there were loads of tunes that I would really like in the library in there. Best mix of yours I have heard so far man (y) Keep up the good work!

Yes mate.
The tunes I recognise are awesome. I'm confident you know your stuff and the other tracks are gonna be sweet too. Sadly i dont diverge into as much of this stuff as i'd like too.

Defiantly one for the wagon. Cheers man.

Wattup Watcha....thought you might enjoy this one. I'm really starting to get into the halftime stuff more and more these days. When i play halftime its just a different feel when im behind the decks. Anyway thanks for the listen and i can id anything you want although i just say get all of them ha ha.....

'getting over the boarderline' trak is Transparent - Awkward Guys

50 minute mark is a double drop with Kiril - These words and Transparent - Oyimo..... the kiril trak is free on his SC page....put a link in the comments on my SC if you want it. he has like 2 other raks for free as well....a really good producer out of Italy.

- - - Updated - - -

Wattup Teddy.....enjoyed your last mix alot. Hope you enjoy this one!

Giving you a bump on this one. Quite a few tracks I haven't heard in here, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Very nice intro track - glitchy. I'm gonna go cop that actually. I really like the way Boxgroove skips in, keeping that glitchy step to the mix. Bay City into Awkward Guys is an awesome mix. Nice little fader tricks with Charlie XCX and Heat Seeker. Oh fuck - seriously brilliant mix with Get Low. Clanged for a second but you got it under control very quickly - i actually quite like to hear a bit of human influence in a mix rather than everything bring 100% perfect. I'm gonna have to check out this Transparent matey. Can you link his soundcloud please - there's probably loads of people that go by that name. Resurgence sounds great over Move Over - another track i'm gonna have to get hold of. That Wiggle It track is nuts and the Kiril track is very nice and both blend together seemlessly. I love that One Last Time track - I don't know why I don't play it more.

Overall mate, that was a great mix. I will definitely be listening to it again and catching up with any others in the series that I missed!

- - - Updated - - -

and thanks for all the tracks I'd never heard before

Wattup Vanden! Thanks for the listen as always mang. The link for Transparent is below. I thought me and you had talked about that EP before but maybe it was somebody else. Definetely go back and pick that one up the whole thing is amazing. I think i bought every tune on it. That damn get low mix still pisses me off that i missed it like that. Played it flawless in the run through before i recorded but fuck it ha ha. If you it Kiril and Wasabe up they might give you some traks actually. They are really cool guys and don't get all caught up in the BS. Some of the other volumes that i have done have different sub-genres in them and may not be your cup so to speak but i like grabbing influences from different styles and it makes me feel like it keeps me on top of my beat matching better.
EZ

https://soundcloud.com/transparentmusic/sets/free-downloads

Wattup Vanden! Thanks for the listen as always mang. The link for Transparent is below. I thought me and you had talked about that EP before but maybe it was somebody else. Definetely go back and pick that one up the whole thing is amazing. I think i bought every tune on it. That damn get low mix still pisses me off that i missed it like that. Played it flawless in the run through before i recorded but fuck it ha ha. If you it Kiril and Wasabe up they might give you some traks actually. They are really cool guys and don't get all caught up in the BS. Some of the other volumes that i have done have different sub-genres in them and may not be your cup so to speak but i like grabbing influences from different styles and it makes me feel like it keeps me on top of my beat matching better.
EZ

https://soundcloud.com/transparentmusic/sets/free-downloads

Cheers for the link man. Yes, I will definitely be hitting them up - thanks for the heads up. Nothing wrong with other genres haha! I'm not narrow minded. I've been thinking of throwing a bit of 140 into a mix actually but I barely ever get to have a mix anymore so I'm not quite sure when that'll happen

Back
Top Bottom