DnB HAB - That's the Joint! (Interview + Mix for dnbportal.com)

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Been a bit, innit?

I've been a bit dark as of late given my work schedule swamping me and my commute being absolute rubbish, but I took some time out recently to do some DJ work. My good friend Fallen.GeMiNi recently asked me to do an interview and create a mix for http://www.dnbportal.com , and obviously after something like that you cannot turn it down. For this mix, I wanted to embrace summer vibes, but in the normal way. The theme for this mix was funk, pure and simple. I wanted something that was rife with brass samples, string sections and all-around positive vibes that hark back to the days of wah-wah guitars and bell-bottoms. It being the middle of summer, I wanted something that both drew from the oozing coolness of late-night jazz, to the hectic chaotic funk of big bands, all while remaining strict to my love of drum and bass. In the process, I also wanted to give people an insight both into myself as a DJ and my mixing process. I really hope you all enjoy what I've put out, as it was a great labor of love and I really think you lot will be vibing to this. Cheers!

Have You Met HAB? | DNB Portal - Interview by Fallen.GeMiNi

AUleQut.png

Stream Mix at MIXCLOUD:
[MIXCLOUD]http://www.mixcloud.com/DnBPortal/hab-thats-the-joint/[/MIXCLOUD]

Download Mix at ZIPPYSHARE:
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/74536185/file.html

Feel free to leave any comments, criticisms, praise, hate, or anything else you want to say!

Last edited:
Big up yourself muzza! Hope you enjoy the listen and the read!

Listened the other day on a glorious sunny train ride.

Brilliant mix, the flow of it was just effortless man, nothing was out of place and it seemed the perfect length. A lesson on how to structure a mix.

Lots of stuff from people i know little about like Nummix and MSDOS which was nice.

No real favourite parts as it all just worked so well. staying on the mp3 man, top (y)

Listened the other day on a glorious sunny train ride.

Brilliant mix, the flow of it was just effortless man, nothing was out of place and it seemed the perfect length. A lesson on how to structure a mix.

Lots of stuff from people i know little about like Nummix and MSDOS which was nice.

No real favourite parts as it all just worked so well. staying on the mp3 man, top (y)

Big ups, James! You're the don for this feedback, bruv. Thank you so much for the listen! I hope I've opened your eyes to some great tunes, man!

really solid mix mate, loved the vibe from start to finish. Selection and mixing was on point, best bit about it for me was the way you started off with a hip hop tunes then gradually started bring in the drums, big up on this mix mate will be downloading and putting on my Ipod for that summer feeling

Credit where its due mate.
This was awesome. So much soul, funk and jazz vibes crammed in. I was literally vibing for the whole duration.
Mixes were smooth, clean and on point. Selection, well, next level mate. Half of the tracks I've never heard before but wish I had.

Burning to cd for permanent rotation in the car. Thank you for this one. Just what I needed.

HAB, this is absolute vibes. Loved the intro, skills son

That funk theme you went for remained strong throughout man, easy & enjoyable listening. Keep these coming!

Credit where its due mate.
This was awesome. So much soul, funk and jazz vibes crammed in. I was literally vibing for the whole duration.
Mixes were smooth, clean and on point. Selection, well, next level mate. Half of the tracks I've never heard before but wish I had.

Burning to cd for permanent rotation in the car. Thank you for this one. Just what I needed.

The Don himself! Teddy you're the man for giving this a listen, thank you so much. Really humbled by what you said, man. Glad I could give you a nice new CD for the summer vibes. Also glad I exposed you to some great tunes in the process. Be sure to keep an eye out on some of them, they're blowing up right now!

HAB, this is absolute vibes. Loved the intro, skills son

That funk theme you went for remained strong throughout man, easy & enjoyable listening. Keep these coming!

I've gotten kind of known for putting quasi-Rick-Ross tunes as my intros, so why not do it when it worked so well in this one? I'm glad you appreciated it, man.

I'll be sure to do another of these some time in the future, as I just love DNB that flows along these lines. Big ups for the listen, bruv!

Back
Top Bottom