Looking for studio equipment advice.

STΞRΞO.NΞT

So I picked up producing as a hobby a couple years back, and made the mistake of using Dre Beats studio headphones for the longest time.

Currently I've pretty much tossed them in the trash after doing some research on their frequency spectrum, and have been using the earbuds that came with my iPhone. The end result has amazed me in my sound design and mix downs. Everything is so much cleaner from when I used the Beats headphones.

Now onto the point, though I'm pretty content with the improved quality of my tracks I want to upgrade. I'd really like to get studio monitors, but finances are tight and I want to save up for that purchase. So I've decided to get studio headphones. Price range around $300 is feasible for me. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250ohm + an amp/Audio Interface with it's own power cord. (I'd advise the latter if you want to get monitors down the line.)

That's the setup I use when I'm not mixing on the monitors :).

Yea an audio interface is definitely on the list. I've heard a lot about Beyerdynamics so I will definitely be checking them out. Thanks for the recommendation man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very happy with my ATM M-50´s, you can work in them all day long and no signs of ear exhaustion. But ofc above mentioned DT 880 are widely appraised.

focal spirit pro, better than anything else out there for the price

+1 for the beyerdynamic dt880 pros. Just bought them myself a couple of weeks ago and they sound fantastic. I haven't had any ear fatigue and the sound is crystal clear. And you can actually hear what your bass is doing :D
Just my 2 cents!

Back
Top Bottom