Recording a mix to laptop through usb

U

User 66273

Hello,

I'm looking for a device that will allow me to record a mix from my mixer's red & white RCA output to my laptop via an usb port.

What kind of devices are there? I used to record my mixes via audacity, so would rather not have to install any other software.

Thanks for the help!

There are some cheap devices out there if you look for USB soundcards, but the cheapest I have ever used has to be one of these, or rather the older model version of it in silver. I'd advise getting the newer model though over the older one as the drivers are suited better to Win 7 64 bit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tascam-US...ical_AudioMIDI_Interfaces&hash=item51bcd07d92

This one is about £70. You'd have to pick up an RCA to 1/4" Jack which are next to nothing anyway. I tend to prefer these devices for their robust quality and their drivers when working in production software over the standard ASIO ones.

There are cheaper options though if you want the smaller devices but I don't have much experience with them. Just have a general look for USB soundcard devices. The only downside the the one I listed above is the fact it isn't pocket size, and I have one I take to and from the studio a lot, but have realised it can get annoying. I use it with my laptop when I'm not on the main studio PC, and I tend to use it a lot to record sets with. It should work fine with Audacity, as I have used that program in the past with mine.

Teddy's right, just go for something like that if all you're ever going to need to do is record your mix. In fact Personally for me if that's all I was looking to do, I'd probably try and one day get hold of a stand alone portable device for recording with and simply take the recording out afterwards for that ease of use and portability.

Teddy's right, just go for something like that if all you're ever going to need to do is record your mix. In fact Personally for me if that's all I was looking to do, I'd probably try and one day get hold of a stand alone portable device for recording with and simply take the recording out afterwards for that ease of use and portability.

WIN!

Something like this. http://content.geminidj.com/g3

1-G3-front.png

My mate has one and takes it with him everywhere he plays a gig so he can record all of his live sets. Records in 320kb/s MP3 or WAV.

Back
Top Bottom