I thought using loops was cheating but.......

Misshin

Producer/ DJ
If you've ever struck this problem before I'm sure this will help!!!

9swcgn.jpg

funny... but stupid.

is this supposed to justify making your tracks solely out of whatever vengeance pack is hot right now?

funny... but stupid.

is this supposed to justify making your tracks solely out of whatever vengeance pack is hot right now?

Sorry mate yea its a joke but use what you will. At the end of the day it's you the creator which produces the arrangement and has the ideas to mix the right sounds together.

- - - Updated - - -

Misshin, that Christchurch UK?

This is Misshin, New Zealand brother! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote that :p

Really?! Genius! Just to let ya know its spread like wild fire here in New Zealand. My local Music store has stuck this on its wall! =)

As long as those loops are payed for its noones biz but the creators of the music. If someone wants to use the works of others nothing wrong with that. Me personally I plan on allowing what's already inside to manifest and create the sound completely without any help besides the electronics needed. But creating the sounds, etc and selling them is also a plan.

Loops from sample packs are for lazy people! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I do however use them myself, so that must make me a bit lazy!

I don't like the thought of using loops, it feels boring, I use one shots though haha, I just like to create loops that are unique to me not what someone else has made and not what may or may not be used in loads of other songs.

I guess it shows that producing is actually a mix of a lot of different skills, not all of which are essential: structuring and creating ideas about how you want a track to sound is one skill, sound design is another, writing cool riffs or melodies is a third.

There are other ones too: playing an instrument/singing/rapping, being able to write lyrics, being able to record well, mixing and mastering.

Everyone has to be able to put a track together, but if you don't want to write riffs or do sound design, you use loops. If you want to write riffs but not do sound design, you use one shots or presets.

Some musicians do one or two skills exceptionally well, others are more of a jack of all trades, but it doesn't matter which as long as they do have some skill.

you wrote that? thats amazing cos we were closing in on the goat farming part, but fortunately, creativity is cyclic, say you start at a point when you hate all analog and refuse to resample, soon youll experience some analog gear and experiment a little, then buy something, and then come to a point when everything has to be analog, and then you combine the two, analog and digital, then you realize you dont need the analog gear cos you know what sound youre trying to acheive and you can do it with free plugs, but then you discover some new analog doohickey and then go on an analog rampage, then start to get lazy and combine it with plugs and then full digital again, etc come to a point when youre tired of spending two hours on a bass or a snare , and have a pretty hefty sample library, and be fully digital, and so on. and all the while your studio is filling up with gear and your harddrive with plugs and samples. i been full cycle twice or thrice now, and to circumvent all the fking around, with gear and plugs and shit with drum and bass, i started a black metal band. so thats one way to go, goat farming is the other. funny shit though innovine.

you wrote that?
Yep, although under a different name on a different forum. That's the first thing of mine 'gone viral', which feels weird. Doubt any of my tracks will ever spread like that though :)

with drum and bass, i started a black metal band. so thats one way to go, goat farming is the other. funny shit though innovine.

Heh, I play a bit of metal guitar too. I do rock/metal for a few months, then swing back and do dnb for a while. Never managed to get the two to mesh together wenl, though I'd love to hear something like that.

bit of everything
id never feel fully satisfied with a tune if i made it solely from loops
but i dont see any problem with it

not sure what you two are talking about, this is fruity loops thread?

no wait on second thought, it does say "loops", and yes, unless you didnt make that loop yourself, you need to start farming goats.

me and darkysidro are going to try and make an elektro/black metal song. there is a genre called "hellektro" which i think can convert nicely. possibly, i think dnb could also do the trick, you just have to think about it in a different way. take leviathan and raison d'etre, mix with source direct and burzum. lol, amirite

me and darkysidro are going to try and make an elektro/black metal song. there is a genre called "hellektro" which i think can convert nicely. possibly, i think dnb could also do the trick, you just have to think about it in a different way. take leviathan and raison d'etre, mix with source direct and burzum. lol, amirite
For Satan's glory we will, boyo. With lots of profanities, goat references...

and hookers.

Back
Top Bottom