Rockwell - INeedU / 1_2_3_4 (Shogun Audio) Out July 20th

808 Dnb

VIP Junglist
Artwork SWAG...

3610157101191_600.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ineedu-1-2-3-4-single/id891004368

INeedU is a fucking tune... :banllama:

I absolutely love INeedU! 1234 is pretty decent, but it's completely about INeedU.

Biography
Born Kennedy William Gordy, Rockwell is the son of Motown Records founder Berry Gordy. He changed his name so as to avoid charges of nepotism, wanting to make it in the music business on his talent alone, and he signed to Motown as a solo artist without his father's knowledge. His first single, "Somebody's Watching Me," which featured backing vocals from both Michael and Jermaine Jackson, was released in 1983, shot into the Top Ten, peaked at number two on Billboard's Hot 100, and went gold. His identity was eventually revealed. This, however, was his peak of success. The follow-up single, "Obscene Phone Caller," fizzled. Neither Captured (1985) nor The Genie (1986) fared well commercially, and Rockwell subsequently left the industry.

Lol, iTunes got the bio wrong it seems

What has happened to Rockwell? Both tracks are awful imo, but 1234 is on another level of bad. Sounds like the type of track 14 year olds would be going crazy too at a hospital nappy night.
As per so well made but those vocal samples in both are annoying as fuck. I can see Rockwell likes his footwork'y/trappy type dnb at the minute but INeedU just sounds cheesy.
Defiantly wouldn't play either and 1234 is just unlistenable for me. Need more tunes like Shards & Bone Structure

INeedU sounds nice, but I need to hear the full version first, it sounds like it evolves a lot throughout the track, but the preview sounds really good! 1_2_3_4 would be wicked as an instrumental, but those 1 2 3 4 vocals are really annoying and cheesy sadly.

Yuck man, shogun seems really sketch. I can't get a feel for what kind of sound/vibe they're trying to cultivate except that it's not really my kind of sound/vibe

Back
Top Bottom