The New Standalone IMPC Pro Music Production App for IOS

DNB4DCrowd

This app is still in the works but I believe it could be the best music production app so far. As far as I know it's the only serious professional grade app that can do everything without other hardware, or DAW. To me this is the perfect way to begin music production as a beginner since nothing else is required. All you need is the IPad and the app. You don't even need internet connection. I've heard the example tracks and it sounds great. So my question I guess is, "is this the only quality standalone music production app"?

Here the video log of the app. The developer of the Akai IMPC Pro app is a company called Retronyms:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOEllAKSrSEjwsgXZX5GAhaBx1JshXW7X

Last edited:
Don't get these things, like if you're that serious about producing on the go you'd carry a 13/15" macbook with a whole program. Seems pointless to me when Garageband now comes free and that's more than enough to get ideas down when out and about.

DNB4, who exactly was highly anticipating this?

Don't get these things, like if you're that serious about producing on the go you'd carry a 13/15" macbook with a whole program. Seems pointless to me when Garageband now comes free and that's more than enough to get ideas down when out and about.

DNB4, who exactly was highly anticipating this?

Toting around a laptop isn't as easy as toting around an IPad obviously. Many people have been waiting for this app, and there's even an Akai forum where many people have been discussing this app.

Most apps, just like the Ableton, need other hardware or DAW to work in conjunction with. This app is a completely standalone app that doesn't even need a PC to download a program to first. It's the most complete music production app... For only $14.00.

Toting around a laptop isn't as easy as toting around an IPad obviously. Many people have been waiting for this app, and there's even an Akai forum where many people have been discussing this app.

Most apps, just like the Ableton, need other hardware or DAW to work in conjunction with. This app is a completely standalone app that doesn't even need a PC to download a program to first. It's the most complete music production app... For only $14.00.

yeh but who the fuck travels without a bag the size of laptop anyways. I just really can't see the point of this, even if it is $14

yeh but who the fuck travels without a bag the size of laptop anyways. I just really can't see the point of this, even if it is $14

I carry around a book bag with various items that's about the size of laptop and I'd personally much rather adding the IPad to the weight than a laptop during commute. However, the greatest advantage is not the size but the price comparison for two choices with close to the same features. A laptop with the needed programs etc would cost at least 1000 dollars and the IPad with the app costs around $500.00. For the "beginner" or someone who doesn't have the $1000.00 to spend, the IPad route would be a great choice.

I carry around a book bag with various items that's about the size of laptop and I'd personally much rather adding the IPad to the weight than a laptop during commute. However, the greatest advantage is not the size but the price comparison for two choices with close to the same features. A laptop with the needed programs etc would cost at least 1000 dollars and the IPad with the app costs around $500.00. For the "beginner" or someone who doesn't have the $1000.00 to spend, the IPad route would be a great choice.

but people who already produce will already have that stuff, people who dont produce and are serious about it aren't exactly going to just spend $14 on an App and buy and ipad. Or at least Id fucking hope not.

Its a gimick imo

but people who already produce will already have that stuff, people who dont produce and are serious about it aren't exactly going to just spend $14 on an App and buy and ipad. Or at least Id fucking hope not.

Its a gimick imo

I'm new to production and I've purchased these things for the beginning of my journey into production and am 100% sure that this is the best route for start. I understand that by the time I'm ready to actually produce a quality track I'll be ready for bigger things but for now, in this stage of learning terminology, language of musicians, Music Theory, MIDI, and the rest of dance music production, this is a perfect tool to help learn those things... as well as the IPad with the many educational apps. All this for less than $500.00. Once I'm ready to really start producing I'll create one satisfactory track on the IPad and then move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i completely disagree, programs that have been around for ages have SOO much more information available on the web, a brand new product like this wont have.

I duno, might be useful to some people but I dont see it.

This app is turning out to be as good as I was thinking it would be and I would have paid more than fifty dollars for it. Everything I've been studying is all coming together now quickly because of this app. In fact it would have been impossible to understand everything without this app. It's also very easy to navigate and use the app. The quality of this app is awesome. The sound banks have great sounds and I've already made my first beat, which is a fuckin monster of a beast. Next I'm going to create my own sounds using the sampler with microphone so I can put down the sounds I've been thinking about. Also, There is a tabletop app from Retronyms that is like the DAW where I can add my Arturia Mini app etc. For those of you who want to learn production... I cannot stress enough how awesome this is turning out!

Back
Top Bottom