Tewky - Propagation (WIP)

I'm listening in headphones so you do not want me to give mixing advice. Actually this track sounds really cool. I love all the fx and the bass. The track arrangement sounds cool too. Good job tweaks!

I'm listening in headphones so you do not want me to give mixing advice. Actually this track sounds really cool. I love all the fx and the bass. The track arrangement sounds cool too. Good job tweaks!

THanks for comments on the bass, got a bit of inspiration for ideas from an Alix Perez Masterclass, and went modulate/variation crazy with the mid range stuff which I made out of a sample from a synth patch I made. Then like I always do now I came up with the Sub line in Zeta+2(Ace Synth for low end, am sure for everything but this thing has so much going on, learning it slowly), but gave it some higher oscilattors to filter into. So I had that filter opening the low pass, and after that I had a Band Pass filter which I was also automating to create an bit more intersting sub line. The thing that stuck out to me from Perez was how he talked about amking a big bass sound accross the spectrum and low passing that for the sub, instead of using a straight sine, the way I write my basses really helped me out in getting more interest down below. Was amazing the difference just a little bit of modulating can do. The A/B on the original straight sub was ridiculous!!

Most tools used were Operator, Zeta2+, Ableton Sampler and Alloy 2. Starting to feel like I can use these a bit better now.

Really digging that jungle bit man! DL'd right away!

I still have not mastered it yet but I too find that putting a band bass on sub with a little resonance can have great effect. I think if you do that you need to still process all the areas separately so that when you move the band up and down the stereo field changes and gets wider an and mono.
Anyway cool track.

I still have not mastered it yet but I too find that putting a band bass on sub with a little resonance can have great effect. I think if you do that you need to still process all the areas separately so that when you move the band up and down the stereo field changes and gets wider an and mono.
Anyway cool track.

Interesting, ah filters bless!

Thanks for the nice comments fellas!

Back
Top Bottom