Jump up scene and basic grammar...

My english teacher got well mad at me because I simply used german kommata when writing english. I also refused to write everything small. It looks shite.

I think my problem is that in portuguese we use commas to make the phrase more organised.

Taking this very phrase as example: "Acho que meu problema é que, em português, usamos a vírgula para fazer com que a frase seja mais organizada."

I think my problem is that in portuguese we use commas to make the phrase more organised.

Taking this very phrase as example: "Acho que meu problema é que, em português, usamos a vírgula para fazer com que a frase seja mais organizada."

Yeah, same here. Those fackin britons talk first, then they actually start to think :teeth:

Just use commas where you would naturally pause in speech, and full stops for a longer pause. You use a more literary than spoken style Sid there's nothing wrong with that. It's reading German (translations) that gives me a headache they have sentences that go on and on and on it's very odd.

Basically any Czech has a strong issue with commas when trying to write in English. It's the same as with Portuguese and German as you guys have mentioned above. Honestly though, many Czechs wipe ass with British (and especially Americans) when it comes to the correct spelling as they teach us mostly grammar at schools. That also explains why we sound like shit when we're trying to actually speak English :teeth:

Basically any Czech has a strong issue with commas when trying to write in English. It's the same as with Portuguese and German as you guys have mentioned above. Honestly though, many Czechs wipe ass with British (and especially Americans) when it comes to the correct spelling as they teach us mostly grammar at schools. That also explains why we sound like shit when we're trying to actually speak English :teeth:

Well at least you can properly write in English as we French people barely speak nor write our own language lull

Well at least you can properly write in English as we French people barely speak nor write our own language lull

Yeah, well, we're no better when it comes to our own language doe :teeth: My eyes are figuratively bleeding every single day while I'm reading the news, facebook updates or (usually the worst case) emails at work. You would expect the representatives of a fairly big company to be able to write without doing a terrible mistake in each sentence :D

Neither do us, brazilians. And this drives me insane. The ammount of misspelling here is too damn high! And I'm not speaking about "1337" speaking, or internet slang terms, but the use of a "s" when it's supposed to use "z", for example "caZa", when the correct form is caSa (house), or "x" when it's supposed to use "ch", for example caXorro, when the correct is caCHorro (dog).

Also, there are some photos of literal translations on sign posts, restaurant menus because of the world cup. Just brazilians making a fool of themselves.

We get taught virtually no English grammar at all in schools which is why we struggle to learn foreign languages. 'Child centred' learning is the current orthodoxy over here so anything difficult that might slow the child down is frowned on. I can remember not being pushed by teachers to learn my times table because it smacked of old fashioned authoritarianism. And now I'm still shit at maths.

Maybe it's the UK's education system that's to blame for churning out people incapable of spelling on flyers.

:teeth:

wowe. such thread. very music. many discussions.

45021061.jpg

Back
Top Bottom