MAJOR MISTAKES ARTISTS MAKE WHEN PROMOTING THEMSELVES.

When you sell your music, do you have to sell an image too?

i think that's up to the individual to decide and is a separate issue. When i say 'promotion' i mean actually letting people know that something exists at all.

i think that's up to the individual to decide and is a separate issue. When i say 'promotion' i mean actually letting people know that something exists at all.
Good point, but still dose Blu Mar Ten sell image? For example, here is the U.S. some Drum and Bass fans of yours are also Authur C. Clarke fans. No shit, that connection is how I first herd of you in 2004ish.

Back on topic, professional promotion what do you do? Do you have to contact radio stations, get commercials, and put up web-advertisments, or is k-mag remixes, selling albums at live events, and giving helpful advice on internet forums how you promote.

I think it's true that some popularity is organic, and you could argue that that's the way it should be, but obvs promotion can help; I don't think the idea of promotion in music itself is a mistake. Lol. Major pop labels I'm sure have ad budgets to rival the GDP of Norway

Good point, but still dose Blu Mar Ten sell image?
haha not unless the 'crabby old man' image has market i'm not aware of.
Back on topic, professional promotion what do you do? Do you have to contact radio stations, get commercials, and put up web-advertisments, or is k-mag remixes, selling albums at live events, and giving helpful advice on internet forums how you promote.

most of the above and more, with exception of messing about on forums while i'm waiting for stuff to bounce out of cubase. that's just time killing.

haha not unless the 'crabby old man' image has market i'm not aware of.
50924693.jpg

most of the above and more, with exception of messing about on forums while i'm waiting for stuff to bounce out of cubase. that's just time killing.
You should get a real program like I have.... Reason. :teeth:

well i've tried releasing 2 whole albums with zero promotion, and 3 albums with promotion. what do you reckon happened?

Was there a huge difference in sales?

Genuine question, im not trying to make a point.

Last edited:
Seems a bit much....... Just do your thing if your good and people like it your'll do well. No point in having good promotion and goals etc unless you got skills/talent to back it up.

Pretty Sure Andy C and the like didnt have alll this on paper.

Back
Top Bottom