Too many WHACK DJs!

If you really wanted to learn then you would force yourself to. It takes on average 10,000 hours of practice and work for someone to become professional at something. That's a lot of nights.

If you want something that badly you will apply yourself and make it happen.

I realise that, and i hate myself for not making more use of my free time on night shifts. I did have the plan of learning spanish or portuguese on my night shifts a while back, but lack of motivation caused that to fall through too... I do 12hr nights... kind of hard to get up the motivation to do anything really, even on the occassions i do actually have to do work.

I agree though, i dont expect to be good at anything without practice and discipline, its just time im not prepared to spend on it. I did it for a while though, maybe 3-4 hours every night shift spent on producing and learning etc, and managed to learn a fair bit, just ran out of steam i think.

I realise that, and i hate myself for not making more use of my free time on night shifts. I did have the plan of learning spanish or portuguese on my night shifts a while back, but lack of motivation caused that to fall through too... I do 12hr nights... kind of hard to get up the motivation to do anything really, even on the occassions i do actually have to do work.

I agree though, i dont expect to be good at anything without practice and discipline, its just time im not prepared to spend on it. I did it for a while though, maybe 3-4 hours every night shift spent on producing and learning etc, and managed to learn a fair bit, just ran out of steam i think.

It always works easier if you have someone to share the experience with. Working 12 hour night shifts is a pretty solitary existence though, I'd imagine!

Back
Top Bottom