Why is my drum bus compressor sucking all the low end out of my kick drum???

a good kick can do a longgggg way, one thing i do do though is layer the kick with the same kick, however i adjust the adsr so its just a click adds presence to the kick in the higher end.... also dont you worry son there is many a parallel processing agwan in the mix :korf:
It gets to the point where there are so many things i can do to improve the kick i dont know when to stop

You can bus all your tops (hats, rides, perc etc) to one bus and compress that quite heavily for that thicker sound and then feed the kick and snare (already processed to taste) into a master drum bus with just light or parallel compression.

Or just using parallel compression on the drum bus might solve some of your problem.

You finished Optic yet man? I neeeeed that tune!

You can bus all your tops (hats, rides, perc etc) to one bus and compress that quite heavily for that thicker sound and then feed the kick and snare (already processed to taste) into a master drum bus with just light or parallel compression.

Or just using parallel compression on the drum bus might solve some of your problem.

Nice one man will try this out!

Back
Top Bottom