[Neurofunk] The Monster In Each Of Us (Finished version)

Nice flow! I think you agree with me that mixdown is not the best and could use some work to make it sound even phatter.

Nah, I'm happy with it now. You should have heard what it was like earlier. I changed the kick and the main snare and it's much better now. The kick in snare on the mix before this were too bright. It's phat enough now, in my opinion. I use hardware, so I don't tend to over-process my tracks. (Because I can't really)

Whatever, it should sounding better if u want to get a result.
nice idea, cool breaks. Do the mixdown better and that will be awesome tune - it's will be grooving tune ;)

PS: also, change snare ;))

Take the sub down in the buildup. When the sub fades in the buildup and then kicks in with the drop, it with create a heavier feeling.
I agree with the others here, mixdown could be a bit better and the snare is ok, but not superb
And the use of the jungle breaks are a nice touch, but now those breaks have alot of high end, and when the 'normal' drum pattern kicks back in, there's too much of a difference, so maybe highcut the breaks a bit, see what that gives, or layer a break beneath the pattern, experiment a bit with that..

I've been producing dnb for 7 years. If you would hear what late 90s neurofunk sound like (worse mixes than this actually). And soundcloud doesn't help (don't judge mixes too harshly on soundcloud). I use hardware, and what you suggest isn't really possible to do. There is no sub layer it's all the bass sound. I could low pass those breaks a bit but I'm not that concerned. Everyone is so concerned about everything mix wise these days. I sent this track to a label, ended up being the wrong sub genre for the label but the owner of the label told me the production was good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom