Any Tips for Platinum/metal heads production...(first time)(Y)

Wrightyy

Wrighty
Okay so..

i've been trying to produce different Types of D&B - but i cant seem to quite get that metal sound... i have read article about it but having problems..
My only kinda problem is getting that metal sound.. heres what I'm kinda going for -

Im not quite sure if its a couple of snares/hats/ect...i'm kinda new to producing so go easy haha.

also if there's any Plugins/effects ect that you might know would be great..

Thanks in advance:)(y)(y)(y)

you mean the metal sound that comes in at 0.23?

if so then its just a cymbal, sounds like its been distorted and pitched a bit.

yeah I agree with mr meh's reply, work with a cymbal until you get it sounding however u want then layer it over your snares. also some other ideas I didn't hear in that song is to use bell rides, u can get a pretty "heavy" sound from that. I've even used sounds from knives being sharpened and sequenced them like hats with a groove froom using different one shot samples of a knife being sharpened, change pitch n velocity, add distortion. it had a sort of tramen sound to it but more aggressive. u just gotta find the right sounds to work with n get creative. maybe look for some foley sounds that are metallic and make a groove with them, then layer that over ur drums.

Back
Top Bottom