The BCee production method...

I never soak up too much from other producers production methods, as everyone has a different approach.
I can appreciate alternate techniques and take a few hints here and there, but I tend to stick to what I know.
(call it narrow-minded and stubborn)

That's not narrow-minded and stubborn in my opinion my friend :p
I even think that's a good way too keep it in balance. Be open for different ways of how to reach the goal you want to reach, but keep your own work flows. If you are open for everything and always think that the person that shows you something right now is doing everything perfect, you tend to be a copycat and your own style gets lost. But the other side is pretty much the same, if you tell everyone to f*ck off and only your way is the right one, than you won't improve your sound... Just my opinion! :D

Very true. Classic musical pieces are made from great riffs, melodies and chord progressions not production standards.

classical musical pieces arent recorded. you could try and sell your 'edm' as sheet music tho, lets see how far youll come :teeth:

And mega LOL at groelle going in on Blu mar ten. I would like it more if people were called out on their 'shit' tunes. It just helps the whole movement take it up a notch and (d)excell :teeth:

wasnt really going in on them. there was this remix comp and chris bmt was all like 'create something unique, theres no point in just reusing our samples yadda yadda' when all this tune was was an overused break, some really harsh compressed reece and 2 piano bits - hardly anything unique at all. thought it was a bit hypocritical.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha funny you say that cos Brian was thinking about uploading a ZIP containing Massive patches for all the current dubstep monster sounds and screeches etc, giving it away for free so that other big producers have to step their game lol! It would be amazing if it actually worked :lol:

haha thatd be great

for the love of god dont make it too easy to use.

why not. most of it is overused already :D

Very true. Classic musical pieces are made from great riffs, melodies and chord progressions not production standards.
This was essentially what I was trying to get across with my OP.
Forget reece bass and amens, think how much music has been created using just a solo piano or a four piece rock band.

This was essentially what I was trying to get across with my OP.
Forget reece bass and amens, think how much music has been created using just a solo piano or a four piece rock band.

lol ?

i dont get what youre saying. guitars, drums, a piano and a singer IN EVERY SONG is ok, but a reece and amen in every song isnt? i know which id prefer tbh.

just hypocritical thinking from you guys. i could say: to me classic music all sounds the same. everythings just some piano and "a great riff" - yeh, i totally know 4 classic pieces by name - whereas i can differentiate between a bcee and spy tune without having heard them before. although they just use amens and reeces.

think about all the music thats been created using only a reece and amen.

edit: while i dont agree with the current state of affairs, being 95% production techniques and 5% musicality, drum and bass is inherently influenced by technology. if it wasnt for the emu we probably wouldnt even have drum and bass know. the transition from sampled breaks to synthesized kicks&snares? made possible due to the advancement of computer power.

you dont write drum and bass, you produce it. its produced for the club - and thats why "sheet music" and "underproduced" stuff just doesnt work.

imo "if youre making drum and bass and letting someone else produce/polish it up - what exactly are you doing?"
- throwing samples together?
- creating a vibe?
- "writing the song" ?

Last edited:
lol ?

i dont get what youre saying. guitars, drums, a piano and a singer IN EVERY SONG is ok, but a reece and amen in every song isnt? i know which id prefer tbh.

Sorry, I'm shit at explaining myself. I meant forget trying to make complicated multisampled reeces with massive processing chains and stuff, and just stick to trying to make good basslines and drum patterns, like a rock band.
Or if you do make a really processed Reece with loads of FX, don't forget to write a good bassline too.

Sorry, I'm shit at explaining myself. I meant forget trying to make complicated multisampled reeces with massive processing chains and stuff, and just stick to trying to make good basslines and drum patterns, like a rock band.
Or if you do make a really processed Reece with loads of FX, don't forget to write a good bassline too.

horses for courses.

stop listening to neuro and listen to calibre?

horses for courses.

stop listening to neuro and listen to calibre?

Yeah, that's kind of it... but neuro isn't just good because it has crazy basses in it, it's good because it has unique rhythms, harmonies as well as the bass, and I think some amateur neuro producers forget that sometimes.

Look at Mefjus 'Dissuade' : not only is the sound design good, but he had the idea of putting snare on beats 2,3 and 4 not just 2 and 4.

Last edited:
didn't goldie basically just say where he wanted his samples and sounds etc and someone else made it?

Back
Top Bottom