Minimalistic Drum & Bass

Re: Minimalistic Drum & Bass

tbh camo & krooked are doing minimalistic drum & bass, just a different style to what most people are used to? not everything has to be dark, techy and moody

This is pretty dark & moody and as far as I've been following it (and I really haven't) this was the track of the album? Might be wrong tho.. they adopted some darker & more minimalistic sounds compareable to what SPYs been doing in the past:

Then we have the "Turn Up The Music" thing which came out in 2010:

This dates back to 2009 according to the youtube video

I think it's pretty obvious they were influenced by the microfunk / minimalistic / autonomic movement and adapted their "electro sound" into it. Fair enough producers haven't been doing this exactly like that but you can't go on riding the minimal theme as if you've invented it.

- - - Updated - - -

Back To Topic: Comparing to what you've posted (which turn up the music would be the only one I'd call "minimalistic") I think you might enjoy these:

Broaden your horizon mate, there's more to d&b then Hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they have been mentioned but some of my favourite ever minimal tunes were on Mosaic Vol 1 which was in essence a gateway for me from more mainstream stuff to what I listen to now. Stray - Pushed and Croms - Invisible Cities aren't dark or moody.

Everything has its own unique values and tbh I don't look for records or tunes which sound like something else just something that I like. Listen to whatever you can and, as others have said, broaden your horizons. There is so much amazing music out there don't miss it by focusing on a minute part of the wider scene

I don't think they have been mentioned but some of my favourite ever minimal tunes were on Mosaic Vol 1 which was in essence a gateway for me from more mainstream stuff to what I listen to now. Stray - Pushed and Croms - Invisible Cities aren't dark or moody.

Everything has its own unique values and tbh I don't look for records or tunes which sound like something else just something that I like. Listen to whatever you can and, as others have said, broaden your horizons. There is so much amazing music out there don't miss it by focusing on a minute part of the wider scene

Of course Stray has done some epic things along Pushed, this one is brilliant too:

too many to mention really but since this came out on Hospital the thread starter might like this one - really miss Subwave:

As said, I can't see encounters links but most people have a completely different interpretation of 'minimal', bop/microfunk is a good example of what we have somewhat established as minimalism. However, in philosophy of music production the phrase 'minimalistic' can have a completely different meaning eg. Less audio tracks and less plugins.

This isn't the full song just a clip, are Med School doing another "New Blood" comp because I think I've got them all so far and they're always quality.

This isn't the full song just a clip, are Med School doing another "New Blood" comp because I think I've got them all so far and they're always quality.

I do remember Med School posting that they had loads of tunes to go through for New Blood 014, so it is very much possible, possibly straight after Keeno's album.

Back
Top Bottom