Forthcoming Ram Records

Fixed :teeth:

UM instead of Break
Naibu instead of Calibre

I fuckin love me some Naibu, I feel like Calibre's remixes are more formulaic than Break's ones, that remix of Dr. Meaker-Right back and Caspa-Never Let It Go are substantially different. Whereas for me there are only a few Calibre remixes that stick out, that of TEED-Garden and Break (lel)-Enigma for example, which don't even depart from the formula too much, they're just particularly good. Complaints about some Break tunes sometimes being drenched in sub (not in the good way) e.g Knowing remix are completely valid, and I think we can agree some of Calibre's remix work is *hushed tones* a little forgettable. But I'm not complaining, I still light up when one of their remixes shows up in my feed, the guys just set the bar so high with their solo work and some select remixes I kind of feel sorry for them when we'd laud even their most uninspired work from any other producer.

Just my two cents or whatever.

My main point is that they are overused. I mean there are other artists that can make a huge remix banger (UM and Naibu were the first that popped in my head) but this demand for a Break remix or Calibre is tiring. Don't get me wrong, they know how to create a good remix but come on, label managers, give some variety to your remixers.

My main point is that they are overused. I mean there are other artists that can make a huge remix banger (UM and Naibu were the first that popped in my head) but this demand for a Break remix or Calibre is tiring. Don't get me wrong, they know how to create a good remix but come on, label managers, give some variety to your remixers.
I completely agree, then again, when was the last Break remix on RAM?

[MENTION=81988]Menosance[/MENTION] I get what you're on about mate, the thing is those 2 are just guaranteed success basically. Whereas I can't really see RAM contacting Naibu and ask him to remix Strung Out/Blk & Blu. Ulterior Motive would be possible, then again their style is not really RAM if you know what I mean...although they've proved they can diversify alot on the remix duties (that trap-infused remix they had a few months ago). I guess they could substitute Calibre for Kove and Break for Calyx & TeeBee in the best case scenario here :) As for the best ones possible, I'd say Definate or Ben Kama for Break and LSB for Calibre.

I'm already pretty bored of the sound he's been pushing as of late tbh...

Every tune he does these days sounds like it's suffocating in the sub bass. I'd like to hear more "Resistance Era" mid range grit in his tunes again really.

Completely agree man, all pretty samey. BUT this one below reminds me so much of Resistance-Era Break and it only just came out so I'm hopeful:

WTF are you guys talking about?

That Break remix is absolute FIRE. It reminds me of the roughness of the Gridlock remix (his last remix on Ram AFAIK) and his remix of Cybermen, both tunes that I hammered. He has been releasing lots of tunes that are similar to the Resistance stuff (like what was on the Symmetry Sessions Vol 1, the Warm Communications release, the Horizons 12", Wonder Why remix, etc.

Of course I am spewing at the double sided 33rpm business - but they should have at least put the Original and Instrumental on one side, with the Break remix and the Monstro remix (who the fuck would buy this record for this remix anyway) on the other so the 2 versions you would most likely DJ with were at the start of the record. Makes sense, no?

I'm already pretty bored of the sound he's been pushing as of late tbh...

Every tune he does these days sounds like it's suffocating in the sub bass. I'd like to hear more "Resistance Era" mid range grit in his tunes again really.

Break has lost me around Grand Funk Hustle era... pretty much the last bits I bought. Can't stand when people push out tracks just to cash in - not saying he's a sellout but clearly took alot of remix work for quick money. The bits he's done for a while are all slight modifications of the presets he created and made his sound but I get sick of that after a couple years. That's why I love guys like Stray - straight different approach and styles every release. Break hasn't innovated his music in a while. He doesn't have to either tho because clearly I'm in the minority. ;)

*waitingforthestones*

Break has lost me around Grand Funk Hustle era... pretty much the last bits I bought. Can't stand when people push out tracks just to cash in - not saying he's a sellout but clearly took alot of remix work for quick money. The bits he's done for a while are all slight modifications of the presets he created and made his sound but I get sick of that after a couple years. That's why I love guys like Stray - straight different approach and styles every release. Break hasn't innovated his music in a while. He doesn't have to either tho because clearly I'm in the minority. ;)

*waitingforthestones*

It's all about the personal taste. Break is one of my top3 dnb producers ever. With him, I don't really mind some of his tunes sound a bit samey, it's the sound I love and can't really get tired off. Many producers do that anyways, especially when they release that much stuff over the years.

Break is one of my top3 dnb producers ever. With him, I don't really mind some of his tunes sound a bit samey, it's the sound I love and can't really get tired off.

I'd have said the exact same thing in 2011/2012. Calibre swiftly changing in the same direction. I have high hopes with Breaks album tho ;)

It's all about the personal taste. Break is one of my top3 dnb producers ever. With him, I don't really mind some of his tunes sound a bit samey, it's the sound I love and can't really get tired off.

Truth! I adore Break's albums to death!

Resistance was the LP that made me fucking burn the music I was listening to at the time and jump head first into Drum & Bass as my genre of choice!

His Singles/Remixes are a bit more hit or miss for me tho. Since he keeps his best material for his LP's usually using up songs he's written off the LP as singles on other labels...

He's also said that his next LP is his best yet, saying it's a lot more musical. So I expect a nice variety of sounds going on there :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom