Forthcoming Ram Records

he probably meant that the purpose of releasing sample packs is to make tunes with them (although a lot of people think that you should manipulate the samples when you use them)

16955-1.jpg

Programmed V3.0

1: Ripslinger
2: Murderer (Audio & Meth Remix)
3: Defence
4: Extortion

Program 021

Pre-order -> http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/56229-prgram021-programmed-v3-0

Vinyl in what you want for Djing terms is gone mate, accept it and move on. Don't get me wrong its a crying shame and there is no better format to mix on by a country mile, but theres obviously not enough of a market/demand for it anymore.

Vinyl in what you want for Djing terms is gone mate, accept it and move on. Don't get me wrong its a crying shame and there is no better format to mix on by a country mile, but theres obviously not enough of a market/demand for it anymore.

I know the times are changing but that's not to stop me from complaining about what I don't like/see the point in. I can somehow understand (even though it makes me sad) when a label stop pressing vinyl completely. This trend however, pressing 20 tunes on 2 plates, is beyond me. I get it in the case you're pressing a "normal" music, made for listeners to play it at home. But dance music is made to be played at clubs and when the DJs will stop buying the vinyl because it's a pain in the arse to play those multiple-tunes-per-side plates, who else is gonna buy it? If you're looking for some collector's value, you should go down the same route like Samurai, making it coloured/marble vinyls, or outstanding artworks, whatever. Every single discussion on facebook or every other platform, where labels asked the people what they prefer ended up massively in favor of single-tune-per-side 12". In a situation like this, when the sales are on decline, you can't really afford losing customers. And I'm yet to see any proof or number of how much better those pressings sell over the usual ones. My guess is they don't, in fact I'd say they sell even worse, which will result in more and more labels cutting the vinyl out for good.

I know the times are changing but that's not to stop me from complaining about what I don't like/see the point in. I can somehow understand (even though it makes me sad) when a label stop pressing vinyl completely. This trend however, pressing 20 tunes on 2 plates, is beyond me. I get it in the case you're pressing a "normal" music, made for listeners to play it at home. But dance music is made to be played at clubs and when the DJs will stop buying the vinyl because it's a pain in the arse to play those multiple-tunes-per-side plates, who else is gonna buy it? If you're looking for some collector's value, you should go down the same route like Samurai, making it coloured/marble vinyls, or outstanding artworks, whatever. Every single discussion on facebook or every other platform, where labels asked the people what they prefer ended up massively in favor of single-tune-per-side 12". In a situation like this, when the sales are on decline, you can't really afford losing customers. And I'm yet to see any proof or number of how much better those pressings sell over the usual ones. My guess is they don't, in fact I'd say they sell even worse, which will result in more and more labels cutting the vinyl out for good.

Don't get me wrong dude I completely agree. But unfortunately it doesn't seem djs are taken into account by most labels when it comes to wax nowadays. Take example icicles new lp, no way is anyone going to be able to quickly mix in the edge etc whilst having to adjust the rpm and look for the cue point amongst 4/5 others etc. like I said it's a bloody shame, nothing touches vinyl. Serato/traktor comes quite close, but nothing could ever emulate flicking through a box panic stricken looking for what you know would go well with what's playing and the crowd would love.

I guess there just catering for the masses. Voting on plates would be a good idea in principle, but in practice they are never going to make everyone happy.

Big up ram for not giving up just yet though!

Last edited:
no way is anyone going to be able to quickly mix in the edge etc whilst having to adjust the rpm

Really? Does that REALLY cause a problem? Are we now complaining about 33rpm? It's not like you have to get showered, dressed and catch a bus to the other side of town to 'adjust the rpm'. It takes less then a second!

Loads of my old skool D&B vinyl is 33rpm.

Back
Top Bottom