Forthcoming Ram Records

Ram VIP's usually seem to be made with dj's in mind, like to throw a couple surprises into a set. They're not often very different to the original. Metrik - Human Again (VIP) on hospital is the least VIP-ish VIP I've ever heard though

I'm really thankful they released the VIP of Human Again. The "standard" drum pattern makes it much better on the dancefloor. Also keep in mind: Labels don't have to release VIP's at all. So just appreciate it.

I'm really thankful they released the VIP of Human Again. The "standard" drum pattern makes it much better on the dancefloor. Also keep in mind: Labels don't have to release VIP's at all. So just appreciate it.

Yeah just an observation, not a criticism. It's good for a tune to feel a bit refreshed after some months or years of course

SpEK3XjFnzE.jpg

Bensley - Fandango

It's out on beatport... But cannot hear it at work here. :(

https://pro.beatport.com/release/fandango/1475423

RAM Miami is great, the choice of the tunes being pressed is fucking horrendous though. I understand they chose their own artists, but half of those tunes are throw-away material, really pointless to press VIPs of tunes that has already been pressed and the amount of change in those new versions is virtually none (except for the different beat pattern). Plus that C&T is utterly boring. I do like that Frankee tune though, Audio's and Rene LaVice's aren't too shabby either. Won't pay 20 quid for having 3 kinda nice tunes on vinyl though.

As for Bensley, I want a proper single and I want Fandango on vinyl! Really love the tune :)

Fandango is very reminiscent of a B - Complex track which I can't remember. I think it was Salad Is Ok (Or from that EP)

That doesn't mean it's bad though.

The first suspected Bensley tune is an absolute banger in my books! The intro on the second one is pretty amazing too

- - - Updated - - -

As for the RAM Miami LP

Wipeout is an absolute stomper!!! an I've been waiting for Megabyte since Nightlife 6!

Agreed, this album sounds like RAM went and tried to be Hospital for a day lol, so much liquid, there are quite a few good tunes in there though, just too much liquid tunes IMO.

To be honest though, the liquid tunes are pretty great. That Salaryman track and Stealth track are wonderful!

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like Bensley is like marmite here.

To be honest though, the liquid tunes are pretty great. That Salaryman track and Stealth track are wonderful!

Yes! I really really like Affinity, Nocturnal Stories, In The Air and Lift Me, I just couldn't help but notice that this album feels a little saturated with softer tracks. Maybe it's because of the Miami, so they had to out something toned down aha.

Back
Top Bottom