Out of my comfort zone.

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
So this song started out because of the Chinese space agency personified a moon rover that died on the moon in a press release. I thought it was kind of cool and slapped the english translation on top of some sounds and pads and created a four bar dub step loop at the end to give it a little life. Then I put the track up in waffle because it was interesting news and here to see if the song was worth trying to make. I decided, no it was not but them my six year old son herd the song and ask me to finished it because he likes robots. Anyway this song is out of my comfort zone and I intend to to keep making tracks that are out of my comfort zone because they are fun and hard.
Any question, or comments are always welcomed and I always want to know what I can do better.

sounds pretty good to me!
interesting intro and buildup, I like it
I liked the switches you had, first drop heavy, then you threw flutes in there and got a more chill vibe, then back to the heavy... sounded pretty awesome to me
Also, the percussion bits are cool, like the african drums (I can't remember the actual name)

All your sounds are really full and well mastered so jealous hahaha... The song for me isnt really something id listen too and i was expecting it to get really good and my style aswell when the the subtle flute and pad comes in at 1.20, then it goes all dubstep aww well, i do like the second drop a little better with the flute hanging over the track however.

I promised id check, sorry its just not for me... but i do applaud your diversity and especially your ability to master a song very well... Peace

Last edited:
sounding nice man, making tracks out the comfort zone is the best way to progress parts of your pallet that wouldnt usually get a look in

sounds pretty good to me!
interesting intro and buildup, I like it
I liked the switches you had, first drop heavy, then you threw flutes in there and got a more chill vibe, then back to the heavy... sounded pretty awesome to me
Also, the percussion bits are cool, like the african drums (I can't remember the actual name)
Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

All your sounds are really full and well mastered so jealous hahaha... The song for me isnt really something id listen too and i was expecting it to get really good and my style aswell when the the subtle flute and pad comes in at 1.20, then it goes all dubstep aww well, i do like the second drop a little better with the flute hanging over the track however.

I promised id check, sorry its just not for me... but i do applaud your diversity and especially your ability to master a song very well... Peace

Thank you, yep this song is not really my style too, but worth making. As far as mastering the track goes I really do not master. I just bounce the finished track out and drop the wav or aiff file back into reason. I then turn the master compressor back on and presto, the perceived loudness is higher. It should be noted I don't know the first thing about mastering other than the mix should be good before mastering.

Basing on awesome intro I expected something darker and slower but alas you did something else. :D Big ups for intro man.

Only listened on laptop speakers but sounding good to my ears (y)

I personally would have switched out that skrillex type sound for something darker, but it works in this tune. Nice one mate! :)

Only listened on laptop speakers but sounding good to my ears (y)

I personally would have switched out that skrillex type sound for something darker, but it works in this tune. Nice one mate! :)

Sadly I was going for that commercial dub-step sound.

yeah, making stuff outside your comfort zone is the best way to push yourself to learn new things, which you can almost always figure out a way to implement into songs that are your style.

i really loved the flute in the staccato parts, right before the first drop and the last few bars of the song. i liked the legato melody you did with it too but i really loved that staccato part where it sounds like a lower octave note is playing over top a higher octave note. the modulated midrange bass is really well done, great job! i'd say make it around 1 minute shorter though. i agree with what everyone else said above, it sounds like you did a great job mastering it. i think it comes down to the fact that you're really great at mixdowns, that really makes a huge difference. i loved the side-chained pad too, nice.

I'm loving the percussions that enters around the 1 min mark… You probably want to boost the robo-speakz a bit, they are kind of low imo. Your basses sound a bit unclear, but on the other hand I think you've nailed the ambient stuff with the flutes n' shiz!

Back
Top Bottom