I wanna help you guys out while helping myself with tuts!

W3st

Unsigned DnB Producer
Hey everyone,

A few months ago i started a thread for helping ppl who use FL studio.

I want to continue that project as part of a house blog i started which can be found at: bikeshopboyz.wordpress.com

My section is the music production one called Beat Dat Meat. This can be found at http://bikeshopboyz.wordpress.com/beat-dat-meat/

Post anything youd want me to tut up. Im going to do one now on different sidechain techniques that I know on FL and some different ways in which they can be used.

Cheers!

hey man, it would be cool to see some ways i can ad stereo width to my tracks in fl.

1 - Spread your cymbals. Think on a real drumkit, with a real drummer playing. The sounds have their origins on different places. Try to emulate this on your songs (pand hats left-right, also rides, crashes, splashes, etc.), but leave the kick and snare always mono (depending on the track, you can move the snare SLIGHTLY to the sides)

2 - Pads: atmospheric/ambient pads need to "fill out" the space, as support for the main instruments (drums, bass, leads). My advice is to search the stereo spread when you're synthesizing them. I found out that taking care of the stereo spread on the synthesizing part gives a more natural feel, than making it a mono and using a stereo enhancer after that

3 - Bass: when working with bass, I don't make it all mono, but with a little stereo spread, to make it seem bigger.

4 - Percussion: you can spread your percussion as well. Or use a panned delay on them.

Back
Top Bottom