Outlook 2014 Mix Competition: Danwell

danwell

BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT
VIP Junglist
yes, another mix from me! on a different tip this time! hope y'all enjoy it, 3 decks as usual!

[MIXCLOUD]http://www.mixcloud.com/danwelldj/outlook-2014-mix-competition-danwell/[/MIXCLOUD]

Tracklist:

• Break - Wondering Why
  • Enei - Slender
  • Noel & Eastcolors - Crispy
  • Facing Jinx - Consumed (Hyroglifics Remix)
  • Jubei - Patience VIP
  • Dabs - Objection
  • PRTCL - Chasing Shadows
  • Break & DLR - New Design
  • Basher & Frankee - Weep
  • Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine - Matrix Remix
  • Phace & Noisia - MPD
  • Ram Trilogy - Mind Overload
  • Break - Traits (Remix)
  • Audio & Donny - Horribly Ribbed VIP
  • Fierce, Break & Nico - Draw
  • Hyroglifics - Calling
  • Fields, Hydro, Mako & Villem - Celestine
  • dBridge & Vegas - True Romance
  • Derrick - Sessions
  • Hazard - Time Tripping
  • DLR & Break - We’ll See
  • Jubei ft. SP:MC - State Of The Art
  • Icicle ft. SP:MC - Dreadnaught
  • Enei & Emperor - Liberation
  • Frankee - Black Heart
  • Fresh - The Gatekeeper
  • Noisia - Regurgitate
  • Emperor - Control
  • Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl
  • Hype - Peace, Love & Unity
  • Memro - Spyglass
  • Badmarsh & Shri - Signs (Calibre Remix)
  • Ivy Lab - Live On Your Smile
  • DJ Die - Special Treat

Listening right now mate i will tell you my thoughts afterwards :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just got to this mix
10.Medicine - Matrix Remix
11.MPD this is brilliant

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i listened to all of it and def best mix is medicine and mpd also the peace love and unity mix was great. your technique is spot on. I did find that parts of the mix lost energy slightly but thats just my opinion. Overall fantastic mix and good luck in the comp :)

Another Danwell mix. Would be rude not to.

Out of the Amendment, Laundry Room and this I can tell I will enjoy this a lot more than the previous two based on the TL. Lots of tunes I own myself etc.

Big ups bro. Absolutely smashing the granny out of it at the moment.

After the mpd mix the next two tunes weren't up to energy you had built up and just be for the peace love mix I felt it wasn't quite hitting the spot. This is my opinion and it means absolutely nothing in the scheme of things lol. Don't let it detract from the positives as overall it was a fantastic mix and worthy of winning the comp

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for your honesty man! I didn't wanna go on a pounding energetic tip for the full hour and wanted to play tunes that vibe together, it worked for me but each to their own. Thanks for listening man!

OMY FUCK. This is much better than anticipated.

Chasing Shadows >> New Design - the little cut backs after you double New Design. Absolutely quality!!

As much as people have said the Medicine >> MPD mix was good...I actually prefer the mix out of MPD with Mind Overload more...those mid ranges fused so nicely together.

That Draw tease over Horribly Ribbed then that Hyroglifics tune is fucking crazy. Love that you held that mix for so long. Hard to pick favourite bits as its all so good.

Derrick tune >> Time Tripping >> We'll See worked perfectly.

Oh it just gets better - State of The Art. Then brought in Dreadnought then the cheekiest 3 deck mix with Liberation, came out of nowhere. Really good man. Black Heart also worked really well with Dreadnought.

Next mix wasn't really for me with Gatekeeper. Probably the only weak mix so far.
Good hearing Regurgitate again. Love the build up to the drops of it, sounds like some hoover going into overdrive.

Control!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. (y)
Wasn't entirely convinced on the Alien Girl split mix...
Peace Love and Unity works really well with Control in my opinion. The basslines almost blend seamlessly with the switches you do. Nioce. Obviously a blend of two really different styles but it worked.

Spyglass worked really really well out of P.L.U. Assume you can't grab this on vinyl? Would love to have this in the stack. Whirring bassline vibes.
Now your just getting all silly. Signs! Ahhh really really smooth man.

Really ambitious double with Live on Your Smile. (Hate mixing through the breakdown of Signs) But its really swish again. Should I expect anything less these days?

Special treats bassline worked a treat to finish...

Yea this was fully awesome. Bits I pointed out that I thought could have been a little better but i'm being picky. The bits around Horribly Ribbed and the stuff near the end is really tidy.

Good luck in the comp. A solid entry that should be right up there.

Last edited:
Left a few comments on mixcloud already, really enjoyed the mix, nice varied selection and it's nice to hear you can use the tunes you play to a wide extent, that whole section around Horribly Ribbed VIP is just maaad :)

man, danwell, only listened half through on a way to a mate but that half blew me away, some next level mixing and progression within the mix, you really deserve this man, will come back later when i listened to the other half

Quality mix man. Was already a big fan of that last Amendment mix, but this one... Loving the tracklist, great mixing. I wish you alot of luck with the competition.

Back
Top Bottom