Noisia - Stamp Out - Vision

u8u5u8ys.jpg

fuck man what the fuck. Who even likes drum and bass

Hang on... Let me try and justify my feelings by quickly talking numbers.

These aren't outrageously more expensive than plates I usually grab, about €10 per record, up from the usual €7. Whatever I guess. I can buy that gatefold exclusive collector blah blah is bought for an extra 3 bucks.

So let's say the vinyl purchases are about evenly split between signed copies and regular old four-pieces at an average €45. That means if this run of 1000 copies sells out, our dutch boys have netted €45.000. For sure not all of that goes to the three of them, but that's $60k+, which is about twice what I make in a year before anybody's even thought about digital sales.

Not to discourage anyone from buying it, the artwork and presentation are mint, and the tracks I'm sure are awesome. Power to Noisia, thats the dream! It just makes me feel a little less like I'm supporting the scene and music I love and more like whatever man... I'll just catch it on Google Play.

Anyway, fuck. I feel better now

Last edited:
So let's say the vinyl purchases are about evenly split between signed copies and regular old four-pieces at an average €45. That means if this run of 1000 copies sells out, our dutch boys have netted €45.000. For sure not all of that goes to the three of them, but that's $60k+, which is about twice what I make in a year before anybody's even thought about digital sales.

Not to discourage anyone from buying it, the artwork and presentation are mint, and the tracks I'm sure are awesome. Power to Noisia, thats the dream! It just makes me feel a little less like I'm supporting the scene and music I love and more like whatever man... I'll just catch it on Google Play.

you realise that manufacture 1000 vinyls costs money? distributing it to other stores as well? That's not in your calculation or am I missing it?
of course if they sell their 1000 then they will do good money. Are you aware that this has been a mini lp where they surely put a few months/half year of work into? Sure they earn much more performing but that's what they are... pinnacle of edm.

you realise that manufacture 1000 vinyls costs money? distributing it to other stores as well? That's not in your calculation or am I missing it?
of course if they sell their 1000 then they will do good money. Are you aware that this has been a mini lp where they surely put a few months/half year of work into? Sure they earn much more performing but that's what they are... pinnacle of edm.

Ya, I got that, glazed over it a bit in the bold "For sure not all of that goes to the three of them, but that's $60k+..."

I don't mean to dismiss the work they put in/how good they are/etc, I just would rather spend the money on something closer to my wee heart < 3

Pls don't call it edm

Clearly showing my age here but I remember buying planet v (8x 12") back in the day for £20.00. I didn't realise vinyl albums were so damn expensive these days!!

yeah this is a lot for the EP. At least its 6 quid cheaper at Redeye and the shipping will be a fair whack less too, so has made it a NZ$70 purchase - which although is still a lot, is still all good for this sort of quality in this packaging

God damn this EP is such a grower! At first I thought these track were good, but now...

shortcircuiting.gif

Hmm......I'm only feeling Oh Oh and Running Blind so far from this.

Maybe that might change when I can hear the full length tunes in decent quality...

Clearly showing my age here but I remember buying planet v (8x 12") back in the day for £20.00. I didn't realise vinyl albums were so damn expensive these days!!

I bet when you bought that petrol was only 35p a litre too. All relative, kinda..

Back
Top Bottom