Soundcloud HTML5 player?

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Wouldn't it be better to upgrade the current Soundcloud embed tags to the new HTML5 version of the player?
In my point of view it not only looks better, but it also works on phones which don't support Flash. HTML5 player loads faster as well.

Also one thing I find odd is that only on this forum when I play an embedded soundcloud track the track plays, but I don't get a visual representation of that, the embedded track looks like it isn't even playing. xD
This doesn't happens on any other forum, although I must say most of them do use the HTML5 version now.

Here's a trial of the Soundcloud HTML5 player. It's pretty high and cuts things off when I try to resize it. Also it doesn't have a volume control on it.

You need to input a track number instead of instead of just the URL. The track number can be found when you click embed your track on soundcloud.

The tags are "SC" and "/SC" with square brackets [] around them. The track number goes in the middle of the tags.

All the current soundcloud tracks on the forum will still show the old way (but you can always edit your posts and use the new tags.)

What does everyone think? Should we use this?

[SC]140663717[/SC]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell you what, BN14 will meet you on the runway of Brighton Aerodrome and you can settle this like real men.

- - - Updated - - -

I vote for the new style though.

+1 for new player - but not one which requires the track number, theres a few plugins out there for vBulletin that allow you to use the URL, sumwhere, one of them also reverts to the flash version when the browser doesnt handle the HTML5 version properly....no idea what its called tho

Back
Top Bottom