Hi all long time lover/DJ

DJ TINY M

Hello and allow me to tell you a bit about my self, been Dj-ing for long let just say 20 years yes I'm an old fart,been a part of some pirate radio in the 90's life got in the way but now still still keeping the 1210 alive have a very nice collection of drum & bass and jungle spanning the last 20 years and still buy vinyl to this day, just getting in to social media side to share my love of drum & bass, made some Drum & bass/Jungle tunes too so yes thats abit about me hard part over, hope to share with you guys

welcome mate, the average age here is around 35, and im starting to tthink thats the general age of the trueschool junglist, and it will go up, as we age. the trueschool junglists are no more, so there is a finite amount, and as we age and die, so will the average age, and total amount change. one will go up, the other, irrevocably down. until theres none left. russla called me an elietist the other day. i love drum and bass in all its incarnations (something i ususlly say to support the culture) but really, there is very little of the new stuff that appeals to me. in fact its fair to say i like acid jazz, black metal, folk music and techno much more than any of this supersaw sidechained vocal drumkit sounds like its been made with a bazooka and car crash dubstep type liquid they have these days.
that being said, there is soooo much good dnb made today, pinecone moonshine, eastern promise audio :)teef:) whatever seba paradox and fanu are on etc.

sorry im hungover and just had my first beer after brunch so im rambling. welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome Logikz and so true of the Jungliest and going to be nice talking to like minded people, all ways learning and happy to teach what little I know lol,

To cut a long story short was Dj tiny for years but came to find that there was another that had released some house stuff so unfortunately when I put mine out it was under him as an artist so did not want to change my name to much, the M is for Matt wish it was more imaginative and hight I'm just under 6" funny how names stick

hey absolutely, i get your point completely, and its like that in the brain generally, i find. its funny what sticks, isnt it?
i know everything about all the shitty parts of my life and all the useless facts ive randomly come across for no reason,
and thats how my brain works. i hear its actually pretty common. lots of people have that. it makes me feel like there is a separate entitiy, a compeltely individual organism living in my cranium, and one of is a symbiote. i got this idea long ago as i am so dictated by it, but it wont give me access to the higher brain functions and legend has it we only use like 8% of the brain anyway? so i get frustrated by the idea that my cranium is inhabited by this other being that wont cooperate.

when it comes to artist names, i just think its important you didnt come up with it yourself. i used to have a girlfirend that called herself "tiny" and granted she was small, but there some other features that just made "tiny" a nickname no one else wouldve given her but herself. she was kind of chubbby, i mean not fat but also huge forehead. she clearly took that name herself.

my screen name logikz was party given to me by mates that said i was exremely logical in my approach to music, cos i taught some people how to do it.
but in dnb, at the time, all "c"s had to be k, and z was so fortunate to get into tghere cos i used to write grafittti. these days i think its silly and if ill release music on any other label than own (easternpromiseaudio.com) id do it under anothner name. its just my mates who i have the label with wont let me change my name, i know its weird, but i have ti trust their judgement and fear of change sometimrd

yes yes and yes lol change is not good when it comes to names there a part of us they are a description of ones self, I pick out the tiny little bits in music that all people seam to forget where other people they get lost in the bass and drums but come on the when you get the feeling and energy there is that little some thing there that you can not put a name on all the time, some time its the atmospheric setting string pluck thats so low but pulling it all together makes the magic happen, so yes my name was handed to me by other its like a ritual a right of passage your name needs to be handed to you ;) Graffiti I kind of mist the boat love to look at it can not spell to well so my Graffiti would have been pointed at for all the wrong resones :) . music has all ways been my main out let

Back
Top Bottom