St Holdings/Surus

Mr_Whitty

I see they are only dealing with 30 labels now.

What does this mean for the other DnB labels, like Commercial Suicide/Subtitles etc?

Which ones have been let go and retained?

So far Critical & Narratives is staying. I've not seen any others but I'm sure there'll be more.

Commercial Suicide is small so I suspect they are staying with them.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_283 using Tapatalk

As per the threads I've just read Dispatch & Samurai had the option to stay but chose not to!

As per the threads I've just read Dispatch & Samurai had the option to stay but chose not to!

Sounds like they were keen to move anyway and their moves weren't entirely determined by the decision to downsize by ST Holdings. Moves in the works for a while it seems.

Anyone know if Exit or 31 are staying?

I wonder how this will affect prices for labels that aren't staying.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=24721

STHoldings has announced plans to scale back its operation.

In a statement posted on its website on May 6th, the distributor says it has trimmed back its roster of labels to "approximately 30." Though it's not known which labels have been dropped, ST Holdings' site currently has more than 170 labels and sublabels listed, including Hessle Audio, 3024, Swamp 81, NonPlus+, Exit Records, Hemlock Recordings, Greco-Roman and Idle Hands, though some of the imprints listed are no longer active.

The effects are already being felt: some artists have taken to Twitter to claim their records have been delayed, while others, like Cygnus Music and Symphonic Distribution, have stepped in to offer labels alternative distribution.

"When STHoldings started in 1998 it was born out of a love of independent music," reads the statement posted by ST's Andrew Parkinson. "We set out to build something that empowered the underground independent artist and gave them freedom to focus on their art.

"Looking at the situation today, things have changed… the ethos is getting lost and STH and its labels are dissatisfied. Personally I do not feel that STHoldings can and should continue on its current path. I have decided to hit the reset button and for STH to return to its roots. It is time to get back to what matters… underground music.

"Starting today, we are only going to work with a small number of approximately 30 record labels that reflect this ethos. Regrettably this means that some labels are being let go, to whom I am sorry."

Has Surus shut down now?

I just checked their website for a Greg Beato record, nothing is loading and their twitter is gone?

RIP SURUS?

:lighter:
damn, luckily I got all my downloads a couple of months ago.

Just google when but why did they shut down? Money troubles?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom