Track in progress, any suggestions as what to fix?

Quotec

Sup?

So I decided to rework my older project and have been doing that for few days now. I have already managed to make it clearer and the biggest improvement was on drums for sure. But now I find myself in a situation where I supposedly lack knowledge as what to do next. Comparing professional tracks with my track I can definitely see some similarities but there are also few issues that could be done better. So I turned to you to hear your opinion and advice. My personal thoughts are: I have boosted too much(tho boosts are few Dbs mainly), snare should stand out more, vocal is not yet properly mixed, bass(designed using Sytrus) needs couple of tweaks etc.

Have a listen yourself:

The sounds are very nice- if you designed them, really good work.
The rhythm of the bass is a bit simple, I think it would sound better if you changed the rate of the LFO more.
The drums are nice too: simple, clean and punchy. Might be better the hi hats were a bit louder, also you could try witholding them then bringing them in for variation.
The biggest impression I get from this track though is that it's not really your own work: just a load of other people's patches and samples put together, with a few FX over the top. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but it's really hard to be an innovative producer without designing some of your own sounds.

By the way I don´t know how did you reach a conclusion that I have used a lot of samples. In fact I didn´t. The only samples I used were breaks and hi-hats. And so many professionals use samples(just cutting and reworking them) to make their own sounds - can´t see that it´s bad. But thanks for your opinion, I really appreciate it!

By the way I don´t know how did you reach a conclusion that I have used a lot of samples. In fact I didn´t. The only samples I used were breaks and hi-hats. And so many professionals use samples(just cutting and reworking them) to make their own sounds - can´t see that it´s bad. But thanks for your opinion, I really appreciate it!

My bad then... just breaks, hi-hats and vocals. Nice work on the bass and lead.

i like this, good sounds, think the biggest problem your having is space in the track, drums get drowned by the vocal n bass. maybe take some elements out after a while, and give the track some space to breath. and just check not to many elements cross over frequencies. And there is nothing wrong with using samples, everyone does it! Hope my advise has helped

cool sounds,you are right about vocal for me personally it sounds too loud compared to the rest,also that synth that comes somewhere around 0:45 is to loud.nice tune btw

Cheers mates! I see the same problem with drums drowning, I guess I need to EQ better tho I have basically cut all unnecessary frequencies.

hahaha more opinions? what else do you want to hear, most has been said...
I advice to make a sub, maybe cut a bit from the bass you have now, and add a sub
Or eq-split the bass you have now, and boost the sub

Sounds super massive, I like the way you mixed the vocals.
Tho I feel it lacks a bit of stereo. Sounds too centered.
Otherwise superb

Back
Top Bottom