1st Attempt at a Intro and what I would call a drop....please help out a beginner:)

Re: 1st Attempt at a Intro and what I would call a drop....please help out a beginner

You fucked up the tag on the link, that's why :p

[SOUNDCLOUD ]link goes here[ /SOUNDCLOUD] (without the spaces)

It's lacking sub from what I can hear, and there's a few frequencies that started to hurt my ears when i double checked for the bass on my headphones.

Last edited:
Re: 1st Attempt at a Intro and what I would call a drop....please help out a beginner

Thanks man....so the sub would go in the drop??And about what hz was boosted too high would you say b/c I did go a little nuts on the eq boosting for the synth bass haha.Another thing....should I just lay off the eq until I get better at basics?

Ok, let's go:

1) The pad, in general, seems no too "wide" and "cristal clear" to me. Maybe some stereo enhancer (or wideing the stereo on your synth) and a little boost on the 8khz area can help; This pad acts more like a lead than a proper ambient pad to me. So maybe you can consider layering it with some other ambient pad.

2) The white noise sweep is too loud and sharp, maybe that's what MisterApe was saying about hurting his ears (When I read this, I just lowered the volume on my headphones A LOT);

3) The drop is somewhat "weak", imo. I have difficulties on this area too, man. Normally the drop needs to create tension on the listener, and make him/her/it anxious, you follow what I mean? Try making it longer, with more kick hits (listen to some Black Sun Empire tunes and you'll know what I'm talking about)

4) The kick and the snare need to be punchier, heavy hitting ones. Consider doing a NY compression on them.

And that's my feedback to this part you've uploaded. I hope I helped.

Ok, let's go:

1) The pad, in general, seems no too "wide" and "cristal clear" to me. Maybe some stereo enhancer (or wideing the stereo on your synth) and a little boost on the 8khz area can help; This pad acts more like a lead than a proper ambient pad to me. So maybe you can consider layering it with some other ambient pad.

2) The white noise sweep is too loud and sharp, maybe that's what MisterApe was saying about hurting his ears (When I read this, I just lowered the volume on my headphones A LOT);

3) The drop is somewhat "weak", imo. I have difficulties on this area too, man. Normally the drop needs to create tension on the listener, and make him/her/it anxious, you follow what I mean? Try making it longer, with more kick hits (listen to some Black Sun Empire tunes and you'll know what I'm talking about)

4) The kick and the snare need to be punchier, heavy hitting ones. Consider doing a NY compression on them.

And that's my feedback to this part you've uploaded. I hope I helped.

Thanks man for the help.I added a sub and lowered the volume on some of the noise sweep.Im gonna get to work on your suggestions.Btw when you say drop you mean the buildup right before the synth part and drum patter w/ hi hats comes in right?Or is it the part with the full drum pattern and synth bass pad sub etc.?

Thanks man for the help.I added a sub and lowered the volume on some of the noise sweep.Im gonna get to work on your suggestions.Btw when you say drop you mean the buildup right before the synth part and drum patter w/ hi hats comes in right?Or is it the part with the full drum pattern and synth bass pad sub etc.?

Yeah, the build up. i'm sorry.

like those synths and drums... this downtempo or dub IMO so buildups are not needed just make the song flow.

wait i was only 2 mins at thta point hahahah yeah the drops not amzeballs but the song has potential ilike the ppads a lot but they need to change a little drop em layer them in different ways

otherwise im digging it man ill check your SC and follow

like those synths and drums... this downtempo or dub IMO so buildups are not needed just make the song flow.

wait i was only 2 mins at thta point hahahah yeah the drops not amzeballs but the song has potential ilike the ppads a lot but they need to change a little drop em layer them in different ways

otherwise im digging it man ill check your SC and follow
Yeah thanks man.Ill try to work on the pads some and get them to sound a little more interesting.Thanks for your help I def need it haha :)

Back
Top Bottom