Favorite VSTi?

Virus Ti and Omnisphere

yo, would love to test em out, got one and a half grand for me aswell? you seem to have too much of that money.

edit: the fkn library would fill up my pc so bad aswell, id need a new hdd on top. damnit. would really love to test it tho, never seen someone use it, omnisphere that is.

Harmor, 3xosc, granulizor, sytrus (thanks to Seamless), massive, predator, albino, absynth, resonator on pads (Ableton), operator, fm8, arturia minimoog v, razor, fxpansion Geist, battery and Studio drummer.

Would like to get my hands on zebra, diva, Omnisphere, Trillian and stylus RMX soon though.

The nice thing about dnb is you can take sounds from so many sources and just mangle them with ease using FL and other 3rd party plugins. Endless possibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yo, would love to test em out, got one and a half grand for me aswell? you seem to have too much of that money.

edit: the fkn library would fill up my pc so bad aswell, id need a new hdd on top. damnit. would really love to test it tho, never seen someone use it, omnisphere that is.

Omnisphere's 81GB library is the one man

basically all vsts do the same thing. cept for a few. there is this one ssl eq that you simply wouldnt believe.
oter than that i uonly use stock vsts and freeware. one thing ive notied, is that for guitar, you can, with a chain of pedal, cabinet and amp, acheive simply fantastic resutls
its a little harder with drums, but trying my hand at producing metal, i discovered this. also, producing metal is fucking hard. maybe not like dnb but its still really really hard.

Do any of you still use the Sonnox Oxford eq? A friend of mine swears by this eq for precise cuts.

Any opinions on the Native Instruments EQs?

sonnox, they had that really cheap lookin gGUI right?
and NI eqs they are really new and totally fancy right?
i never used either but ill tell you voxengos (and i think fabfilter) eq which i think was the first one to incorporate a spectruma analyzer right in the GUI of the parametric EQ, with compression, oh yeah i think it was called a 'dynamic eq' really made me wet at the time when it came out. im sure its awesome and supremely powerful, but i forgot all about it. ill use vst emulations of old gear for boosts like URS and voxengo IR based EQs and most of all SIR, but for cuts ill do it in cooledit. ive always worked with an audio editor open side by side with the daw, i can do without it, but id really rather not. so there is a reason i dont actually need that many vsts, ill resample and fix it up in cooledit, and i think cooledits effects are some of the best out there. beats nearly any vst if you ask me.

like my midi controller died, fuck i need to buy a new 2 octave lots of knobs mod wheels and maybe some pads would be fun this time. whats cheap and small and fits that description? one of them new alesis maybe?

GUI is secondary. Also, I don't mind using a separate analyzer like voxengo's span. As long as the actual eq does the job that I intend for it to do. So many times I will use an eq and cut it heavily with a high pass, only to put another eq / spectrum analyser after it and still see that those frequencies are still there albeit not as prominent. So if I want the cut to be what I intended, ie. Not there at all - I have to use another 3 or 4 EQs. What eq will cut these frequencies out once and for all.

Logikz - you mentioned dynamic eqing. That is a different subject altogether.. One that I would actually like to understand more about. I know that Noisia spoke about dynamic EQs on their DOA q & a session. This is a separate thing. I want to know first and foremost of an eq that cuts and cuts brutally and precisely.

Also - I know you guys have been on here for a lot longer than me but is it commonplace to be talking about midi controllers in a vsti thread? Ok granted - vsti's are instruments. So we shouldn't really be talking about effects plugins either.

Is it better to start an eq thread regarding the above. As well as dynamic eq thread if it isn't a thread already?

I use Massive a lot for the reeses because of easy automated modulations. Also there are pretty neat effects on it.

For other instruments to fill up I use a lot NI Kontakt and some libraries on it, Sylenth1, OSCX3 (the best perioid.), and A LOT of different effect plugins on mixer. Effects and automations are the thing when I make DnB so its kinda essential that the VST is compatible with FL Studio's playlist automation.

Back
Top Bottom