That vocal effect.

DJ-Mangled

So you all know that 50's style of vocal sample we all hear? You know the effect that makes the sample sound a bit like its from an old sci-fi movie. Well i was wondering if there was a way to make a normal sounding vocal sample sound just like that?

So you all know that 50's style of vocal sample we all hear? You know the effect that makes the sample sound a bit like its from an old sci-fi movie. Well i was wondering if there was a way to make a normal sounding vocal sample sound just like that?

you just need to use an EQ, cut out the higher frequencies, as well as the lower (how much hz will be at your taste), and raising the db of the middle frequencies a little. Some tape/vinyl scratches sounds can help.

you just need to use an EQ, cut out the higher frequencies, as well as the lower (how much hz will be at your taste), and raising the db of the middle frequencies a little. Some tape/vinyl scratches sounds can help.
Thanks man! Perfect and much appreciated

Some distortion before the EQ can enhance that effect. I just guess you are going for that ''I'm talking trough a telephone'' kinda vibe right?

Otherwise, don't mind me lol :D

Back
Top Bottom