I don't dislike Chase & Status or Skrillex, but...

Enlighten me please darky I know nothing about him ive only seen a youtube vid of him on stage and it angered me jumping up and down with some handheld controller thing looked so cringe and a million miles from what i would class as a "talented perfromer/producer" just seems so fake to me.

Enlighten me please darky I know nothing about him ive only seen a youtube vid of him on stage and it angered me jumping up and down with some handheld controller thing looked so cringe and a million miles from what i would class as a "talented perfromer/producer" just seems so fake to me.

He was vocalist of a heavy metal band, before jumping into electronic music. That's why he has this "attitude". There are some videos on youtube of him producing as well, or at least pretending he was producing, but those are very difficult to find. I guess we will only know if he's a tr00 producer if he appears on some masterclass video.

This turned into a chase & status argument thread hahah. I don't think we can say they are shit producers because they're clearly capable of making really good tunes, but they just choose to produce music to suit vocals and a mainstream audience, which is not illegal in their job. Of course it'd be great to hear some proper dnb tunes, but I still would rate Brand New Machine at least a 6.7/10, and I still really like No More Idols, even more than More than A Lot (except Pieces and Streetlife arefucking awesome IMO)

Shit meaning what? That they haven't purposely made every tune to the tastes of 10 forum fannies on here?

I swear some of you lot are like dnb fan versions of Kathy Bates in Misery

It means that I preferred their early work to their more mainstream output that they do today.

:derp2:

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it, when it comes to producing, Chase & Status = dons. Like their early stuff, like their new stuff, who gives a fuck it's not only drum & bass now if they still sound that good.

No matter how you look at it, when it comes to producing, Chase & Status = dons. Like their early stuff, like their new stuff, who gives a fuck it's not only drum & bass now if they still sound that good.

This is the thing that pisses me off. They have never been strictly dnb producers! The first tracks that got them recognised were breaks/garage.

DNB heads have this stupid idea that you must be loyal to one genre and one genre only.

DNB heads have this stupid idea that you must be loyal to one genre and one genre only.

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

Hidden Agenda made a house/electro tune back in 1998 and I still haven't forgiven them for it.
Jeez....

Skrillex doesnt produce? Are you high? He can produce circles around you cunts

Read carefully what I wrote, man. While you have tons of videos where, for example, Noisia show us how they make things, you can't find that much on Skrillex side. I didn't say he can't (or don't) produce. I just introduced a little "conspiracy theory", and compared this theory with one of the biggest jokes on the music industry, Milli Vanilli.

Back
Top Bottom