• Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

fragile & chattertbox are the best

EXIT051_lrg.jpg

http://www.surus.co.uk/Exit-Records/Chatterbox-EP-24584.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

comes with a free download

Got mine a few days ahead of release on RSD, got it and my copy of Matchsticks signed by Stray while he was there too, nicest guy and the set he did at BM Soho was on point!

Really don't know what to make of Chatterbox. It's very different, and that is something. Awesome production but not too sure of the vibe, it will probably grow on me though.

In all honesty I think matchstick EP was better then this. More of a rounder product. Only really rate Award Tour on this but I gotta give him props for doing different things and not staying within a formula which so many can't get out off

I like Fragile and LOVE Eazy Boy.

Award tour and Chatterbox Can both go live in Jupiter's anus along with all the other Juke inspired Beat/Vocal bullshit.

In all honesty I think matchstick EP was better then this. More of a rounder product.

this

Award tour and Chatterbox Can both go live in Jupiter's anus along with all the other Juke inspired Beat/Vocal bullshit.

Christ, 808 really doesn't like juke based dnb. Either that or he got out of bed the wrong side this morning :teeth:

I like Eazy Boy & Award Tour. The other 2 are nice, but I think they are around the 160 mark, and would have preferred them more if they were made around the 170 mark

this

Christ, 808 really doesn't like juke based dnb. Either that or he got out of bed the wrong side this morning :teeth:

I like Eazy Boy & Award Tour. The other 2 are nice, but I think they are around the 160 mark, and would have preferred them more if they were made around the 170 mark

Strange because Fragile is Juke lol :teeth:

Chatterbox is pure Footwork and for me, Footwork is a bit of hit and miss. Love Alix Perez - Make It Worth but Chatterbox not that much (both pure Footwork stuff)

But as a whole EP, I find Chatterbox EP better than Matchsticks imo. I find that Chatterbox is an "evolved" Matchsticks EP (if you can understand my point ;) )

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Triangles is pure brilliance! Love the By Your Side vocal sample :)

Strange because Fragile is Juke lol :teeth:

Well it Rolls along very nicely. I wouldn't mind listening to it, but not a tune I'd seek out to hear it.

Just don't like Juke/Footwork in general. Always will be exceptions though.

But most tunes in that style just sound like Bill Cosby spazzing out on my dick... :teeth:

Award tour isnt juke at all. Just straight 2step.

Actually this, my bet is that's because of the beats/bass reminding him of a 808/909? Anyway this sits perfectly fine with every other 2step dnb roller and it's refreshing to see Stray doing something in this direction while most if not all he did in the last year or so was experimental beats... and it's still very different to other of his and current things.

WTF is Juke and Footwork? I swear some of the terms in DNB are getting ridiculous.

Juke & Footwork are not just terms but genres. Simply put, Juke is sped up ghetto house (hip-hop influenced house) with heavy use of sampling (rather than MIDI) at around 160 bpm. Footwork is an extreme version of Juke i.e. faster tempo usually set between 160 - 180 bpm and when it comes to sampling the sound is even more 'rough' in the sense that the ends of the clip don't match properly.

You can look at it this way (regarding vibes albeit ignoring the tempo):
Techstep is Juke
Neurofunk is Footwork
If you can see what I mean :)

Actually this, my bet is that's because of the beats/bass reminding him of a 808/909? Anyway this sits perfectly fine with every other 2step dnb roller and it's refreshing to see Stray doing something in this direction while most if not all he did in the last year or so was experimental beats... and it's still very different to other of his and current things.

ye its a great track. one of my favourites from him.

fuck the chitchat. This EP is pure vibes.

I better go get the vinyl before it sells out its probably a limited pressing like the Matchsticks EP.

I would have no problem with Stray dropping an album full of joints like this.

Back
Top Bottom