Full Review: SUBPAC S1

A new version of the Subpac already, the S2.

2480699-l-a.jpg

New & Improved Features In the S2 Include:
• New materials and design for enhanced vibratory field
• Optimized tactile transducers for improved accuracy and power efficiency
• New 3-point, removable strapping system to maintain optimal placement on your chair
• New ergonomic shape for maximum contact and longer sessions
• Slimmer control box with multi-positional straps to secure it to your chair
• Flexible control cable for greater ease of placement
• Bluetooth 4.0 input with A2DP streaming
• Higher capacity Li-Ion rechargeable battery – now runs up to 8hrs per charge

Indeed. I actually just preordered mine. That said, I spoke with Zach from SubPac at length.

At first I was a bit salty thinking that a product I purchased in March 2014 was already being phased out for a new and improved version.

Quite the contrary, the original SubPac debuted in 2013, so this will be the first mk2 of the series. Furthermore, Zach was very open with regards to the changes. The bottom-line is now is a great time to scour eBay and other sites for people selling the first gen versions of SubPac on the cheap. While these new editions boast some nice features such as the improved ergonomic design, straps, bluetooth, etc. the first gen versions are just as effective with regards to delivering a tight, precise bass response.

One thing I've said (and will continue to say) about SubPac is that their customer service and response is tits. They're straight shooters rather than delivering a typical PR lubricated response like some companies (i.e. Native Instruments).

To add, I've not been paid or blown by the people at SubPac. I simply enjoy pleasant customer experiences from companies that are passionate about their products (ex: u-He, Rob Papen, Xfer, etc.).

Cheers.

I tried the subpac just a few days ago at dub vendor in by soho and all I can say is wow! This product is the nuts, it really does feel like you are experiencing top quality lows and I must have been sat going thorough my tunes without any concept of time. What really impressed me was the different bass notes hitting the different parts of your body and the way it enhanced the sound of your headphone.

I only experienced it for about 15 minutes but was impressed, very impressed and most definitely want one! Only issue I found was the price of £300 which is a bit high imo, should be half that price or max £180. I have a hertz ebx 10" sub in my car and the subpac hits much lower and more accurately and overall with a set of headphones it sounds amazing.

Only issue I found was the price of £300 which is a bit high imo, should be half that price or max £180.

You're in luck - they just put the backpack version down to $279 (or £180.51 by today's exchange rate!). That includes free delivery AND no customs tax. I read someone using the backpack version on their chair by reversing the shoulder straps and saying that it worked well but I don't have any experience using the M1 to comment.

My S2 just got delivered today, can't wait to get home and give it a whirl! If you're thinking of getting an S2, order direct from Subpac's site as I didn't have to pay any customs tax on it either and it worked out being a lot cheaper then the £300 that Scan.co.uk have it up for.

You're in luck - they just put the backpack version down to $279 (or £180.51 by today's exchange rate!). That includes free delivery AND no customs tax. I read someone using the backpack version on their chair by reversing the shoulder straps and saying that it worked well but I don't have any experience using the M1 to comment.

My S2 just got delivered today, can't wait to get home and give it a whirl! If you're thinking of getting an S2, order direct from Subpac's site as I didn't have to pay any customs tax on it either and it worked out being a lot cheaper then the £300 that Scan.co.uk have it up for.

Wicked! I bought one off ebay just yesterday! It's the ltd edition s1 version but got it for £200 and is more or less brand new with 6 months warranty also intact. From my understanding there is not that much difference between the two apart from the bluetooth function

Not sure which one to get with this discount on the mobile one.
I would use it 99% at the time just at home.

PS: anyone knows how much the import fees are or possibly are?

Last edited:
PS: anyone knows how much the import fees are or possibly are?[/QUOTE]

Will let you know when mine arrives from the states but I'm hoping none.

**UPDATE **

I ended up cancelling my order from the USA and bought the last one available from juno. I've had this since March and it's an amazing product and i love it.

I have played mainly dnb and some orchestra soundtracks (it follows, interstellar, chappie) and the music sounds amazing. As mentioned before it really does add another dimension to the sound and you forget that you are feeling rather then hearing the lows.

You will hear tunes how the producer intended you to experience their music, no sound enhancing here but instead you get true accurate frequencies and music which holds it's integrity.

The best thing is going through my old records and mixes and playing it via the subpac and experiencing music in a new light. You can adjust the depth of the bass and i tend to keep it at 50% as this sits just right with my loudness levels.

I don't have any fancy chairs but just use it when chilling on my sofa and it sits just right. I still think £300 is a lot to pay but this is coming from a listeners perspective and not a producers.

Overall if you enjoy music with bass and don't have £1k for a decent sub, then the subpac is for you and you won't be disappointed

Are you sure there's no custom charges on this????

Back
Top Bottom