Musicradar the best VST synths

The fact that a synth that hasn't been updated for over 8 years, lacks a 64bit OSX version and is treated as abandonware (despite promises from Lennar) is ranked number one speaks volumes about the validity of said list. Chances are the majority of votes came from youngins' who read an interview that (insert shitty "EDM" producer here) used Sylenth1, so it became top tits.

Had this list been compiled by actual producers with actual incite, I'm willing to bet my right ass cheek that Sylenth1 wouldn't be at the top. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice synth, but technology has come a long way in the past 8 years (see Zebra 2.5, DIVA, Z3ta, ACE, Synplant, Razor, etc.), and I for one think developer support and communication would play a role in voter decision.

Just my .02.

I love sylenth. I would say I like massive but I cant get it to work at the moment after a windows reinstall. Maybe z3ta should have had a mention?????

I love sylenth. I would say I like massive but I cant get it to work at the moment after a windows reinstall. Maybe z3ta should have had a mention?????
It should, i voted for it. Not my most used but definitely my favourite. tbh Synthmaster should have won the award, it is easily the most feature filled synth being sold, even if it is a bit buggy and the GUI could be a bit better.

The fact that a synth that hasn't been updated for over 8 years, lacks a 64bit OSX version and is treated as abandonware (despite promises from Lennar) is ranked number one speaks volumes about the validity of said list. Chances are the majority of votes came from youngins' who read an interview that (insert shitty "EDM" producer here) used Sylenth1, so it became top tits.

Had this list been compiled by actual producers with actual incite, I'm willing to bet my right ass cheek that Sylenth1 wouldn't be at the top. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice synth, but technology has come a long way in the past 8 years (see Zebra 2.5, DIVA, Z3ta, ACE, Synplant, Razor, etc.), and I for one think developer support and communication would play a role in voter decision.

Just my .02.

I couldn't agree more. Sylenth is prominent in (almost) every single "big room" track. And "big room" is the mainstream garbage thats pooped out on a daily basis. Its obvious that list isn't based on ingenuity or forward thinking.

Looking at the list of synths and their features, I actually find it hard to imagine that vsts could get any more features. In a couple of years, all new synths will have as many features as synthmaster. Is there really that much room for improvement beyond that point?
What kind of crazy features will we end up with in five years time?

I want more granular synths. I think it could, and should be explored more.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom