deekline and ed solo... is it considered ragga jungle?

basslard

really confused on what ragga jungle is lately

some suggest that drum and bass over reggae samples should not be considered ragga jungle. somewhere i heard it's called ragga drum and bass if that's the case. but what is REAL ragga jungle then? can anyone make it clear?

i mean if you search dee kline's and ed solo's tracks on youtube they are classified as ragga jungle.

i dont think it is pointless either. but ragga drum and bass and ragga jungle are the same thing. ragga jungle in my opinion would be benny page serial killaz and people like that.

It's just bloody jumpup with reggae samples, anyone who calls it, or Benny Page or even Serial Killaz "ragga jungle" is looking for a box in the jaw.

I agree entirely with tyranny's comment.People think that just because a track has a few vocals sampled from an old ragga/reggae tune and slung over the top that it immediately makes it a 'Ragga Jungle' tune..it does not.

90's ragga jungle - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI08Z8gvP9zrbRz5cJYQhQ

new jungle/ragga jungle - http://greenbaywax.bandcamp.com/

yeh true some of their output is essentially jump up. but not all of it. those two examples you posted...why are they not just called jungle? i would just call them jungle

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not jump up in the slightest

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh true some of their output is essentially jump up. but not all of it. those two examples you posted...why are they not just called jungle? i would just call them jungle

Because of the heavy use of Ragga/Reggae samples used I suppose.

TBH I never called it ragga jungle back in the day and still don't really,to me it was jungle..if it had ragga vocals then so be it.But Benny Page ect.. might be ragga something but it's definitely not jungle.

As for the Mr Undertaker riddim you posted that is not jungle either,also I'd class that as jump up dnb (ragga??).Not all jump up dnb has to sound like Guv or whoever...there was a time when none of it did.

Because of the heavy use of Ragga/Reggae samples used I suppose.

TBH I never called it ragga jungle back in the day and still don't really,to me it was jungle..if it had ragga vocals then so be it.But Benny Page ect.. might be ragga something but it's definitely not jungle.

As for the Mr Undertaker riddim you posted that is not jungle either,also I'd class that as jump up dnb (ragga??).Not all jump up dnb has to sound like Guv or whoever...there was a time when none of it did.

you're right actually its not jungle. whatever it is its dnb.

Back
Top Bottom