Matrix & Futurebound, Sigma, TC

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
I just heard the new Now 87 and didn't even know Matrix & Furturebound had a track in the charts!

[video=youtube_share;Iv8CLxCD5yg]http://youtu.be/Iv8CLxCD5yg[/video]

This is getting far to many plays on the airwaves

[video=youtube_share;KD5fLb-WgBU]http://youtu.be/KD5fLb-WgBU[/video]

Now TC ffs

[video=youtube_share;ezJiCAtgPps]http://youtu.be/ezJiCAtgPps[/video]

It's getting embarrassing

Rant over.

Re: Matrix & Futurebound, Sigma, TC

i love that control tune in fact, lol.

cant listen to the other two due to stupid gema, can anyone link me to them outside of yt? thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

lol at that sigma tune getting #1 spot. ridiculous. sounds the same as pickett line and even has that sample thrown in there. apart from it having the same drums as rudebwoy.

good for them tho. #1 chart hits never been original, this one isnt either.

for the fresh&tc tune, why you even bother? its not even dnb. its pop music par excellence. and not even bad for that.

Soon you will be putting in your orders for the new "Now that's what I call music cd's" to get the latest dnb LOL

Im not happy because there's another 3 producers we've lost to the pop industry.

How did they go from that to this

I blame you Tim.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I don't mind if DnB artists try to get radio plays, if they wanna do that that's cool. Just think TC can do much better though, like his track on that We gotcha EP that dropped today

I like TC he has produced some of my favourite drum & bass tracks. I hope we don't lose him to the pop world.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking hell do you ever stop whinging.

Yes on Sundays and when I play pool down the pub on Thursdays. Im boss at pool you see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no problem with Sigma getting to number 1 because it isn't cheesy in any way unlike some previous dnb songs that have charted

I do fear that we're going to be hearing that song all summer though.

People that whinge about DNB getting commercial recognition need to be kicked in the face repeatedly.

DNB is not just about going to raves, getting drugged off your nut and thinking you know it all. DNB didn't even get air time before about 4 years ago. Its fucking big moves for the music.

I actually really like the new Sigma tune, fair plays for getting #1. The 'future jungle' VIP is much better than the original though.

Control is a good tune too. As for that DJ Fresh & TC tune...what the fuck is that. And I thought his last few singles were bad enough...

*deletes reply and moves on*

fair play, wouldnt know what to say in your position aswell :teeth:

People that whinge about DNB getting commercial recognition need to be kicked in the face repeatedly.

DNB is not just about going to raves, getting drugged off your nut and thinking you know it all. DNB didn't even get air time before about 4 years ago. Its fucking big moves for the music.

+1

when it was underground everyone whined and asked why it didnt get the deserved recognition - now that it does get big people pick on that, too.

and lets be honest here - A fucking LOT of us are only hear bc of pendulums hold your colour, some sub focus tune or the netsky-fad. just because you grew out of it doesnt equal its bad - or that others shouldnt have the chance of doing what you did - discover the music on your means and not someone elses.

for clarification, TL; DR: I REALLY HATE THAT ELITIST ATTITUDE WHICH IS DISPLAYED BY MOST DNB-HEADS .

not much more than the sample though?

wasn't it a bootleg as free download initially? crazy it's #1 now

- - - Updated - - -

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/13/sigma-celebrate-chart-victory-with-single-nobody-to-love-video-roundup-of-uk-top-five-singles-4697901/

It was a move that paid off because in addition to toppling last week’s number one – Aloe Blacc – from the top spot, with sales of over 121,000 they have scored the third biggest selling single of 2014 with their re-titled drum ‘n’ bass re-working of Kanye West’s Bound 2.

wow!

lol at that sigma tune getting #1 spot. ridiculous. sounds the same as pickett line and even has that sample thrown in there. apart from it having the same drums as rudebwoy.

You've meant this as far as the sample thing goes, right? Pickett Line is by DC Breaks and sound completely different :)

Also those are pretty standard Sigma drums tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

not much more than the sample though?

wasn't it a bootleg as free download initially? crazy it's #1 now

- - - Updated - - -

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/13/sigma...video-roundup-of-uk-top-five-singles-4697901/

wow!
Blimey. 121.000 sales for a dnb song (don't get me started on Rudimental) is ridiculous. Hopefully some of the people who bought it will be inspired to learn more about dnb

- - - Updated - - -

But what the hell is this bit about?

‘People keep saying to us that drum ‘n’ bass is kinda dying, but, if you look at the last couple of years, you’ve got people like Wilkinson, Chase And Status and Sub Focus all breaching the charts with drum ‘n’ bass tracks. And I think the fact that this track has got to Number 1 above a commercial pop band says it all really.’

I want to know who these people are because clearly they know absolutely nothing about a genre of music that is as far away from dying as is possible

Back
Top Bottom