BLAST:RADIUS-The omen.Break core D'n'B

you can here the basses pretty well. though i feel the drums are not cuttin through as much as they could. possibly look into side chaining on the kick to make it more prominent. real interesting stuff goin on here. nice work. and how do you mean "work better?"
Here is my latest track that i have been working on. Lemme know what you think, if you get some time

First off thanks for your listen and feed back.Its difficult for me to know all the production tricks as I am self taught.
Now I am not sure what side chaining means this is a new term to and im not familiar with it.Ill tell you that I am using FL studio 11 and NI Massive.
As for your track.Absolutelu flawless great content it stays interesting and the mix n master is nice.
Im sure your setup is alot better than mine.Im using a second hand laptop and my boom box to do this.LOL.I love jungle and stop at nothing in order to make it.
When I say work better I mean mixing and setting levels for a more pro sound.As I compare my stuff to other folks here I feel
i need help understanding about mixing and mastering.

I'd say bring everything other than the drums down in the mix.The waveform for the intro looks like it's hitting the same level as when the drums are introduced, which means they aren't really cutting through properly. Also, on the structural side of things, maybe bring elements of the track in more slowly so there's a clear intro etc. But yeah not bad all round!

side chaining is a technique used where a compressor is linked between say your bass and your kick for instance. when the kick triggers it compresses the bass or synth as long as the kick is sounding so that it punches out through the mix. im sure youtube will have a video of how to accomplish this in your daw. and i too have a second hand lap to with a simple small home stereo run through a small computer sub. nothing particularly fancy. music.tutsplus.com as well as youtube really helped me learn most of what i know. im sure that it could do the same for you! thanks for the listen and keep it up!

joe has got some great tips ill use myself thanks for that... loving the heavy sound your going for im gonna stop doing am,bient and get a bit darker myself i think. yeah the problems as said are all in the mix down once youve reworked the track using a little sidechaining this could be a decent track... also a little attention is required in arrangement i think.

Ok so.If im not mistaken when it comes to dnb the intro is to end at 65 mesures.what im un sure of is when do i put the break down.how long will it be and how long is the second drop before the outtro.im un clear on the math of it all.im sure there is a set of golden numbers to work around.

A typical DnB track will have an intro between 32 and 64 bars long. The breakdown can be anywhere between 16 and 32 bars long. The drop to the middle breakdown will be 64 bars long with some kind of variation in the track happening after 32 bars. The middle breakdown, again, being between 16 and 32 bars long. The second drop to the end of the track will usually be 64 bars, again, with a variation happening at 32 bars after the drop.

Back
Top Bottom