Technimatic - Desire Paths LP (Shogun Audio)

I guess I'm in a slightly different boat to you guys tho. I play CD's 95% of the time & my vinyl purchases are more of a collectors thing.

yeah bro, so you are wanting it for the collection so its a bit different than wanting to play it out in the club...I will buy some of these releases, but I will definitely stop soon as the more of them come out the more I realise they are no good to DJ with, so I end up with a pile of unused records to add to the 1800 45rpm D&B records I would rather play instead. I played the new FourFit EP for the first time the other night and it was about 70% of the volume, which is one of the main issues with the 33rpm pressings.

So this seems like quite a large shift from D&B records being produced for DJ's to now being aimed at the listeners/collectors, and DJ's that don't mind this format. Would be interesting to see the figures between this album EP and the Intersection Ep in sales in 6 months time to see if it paid off...considering we are rallying for a re-press of the Intersection EP so it can't have sold too badly, lol

yeah bro, so you are wanting it for the collection so its a bit different than wanting to play it out in the club...I will buy some of these releases, but I will definitely stop soon as the more of them come out the more I realise they are no good to DJ with, so I end up with a pile of unused records to add to the 1800 45rpm D&B records I would rather play instead. I played the new FourFit EP for the first time the other night and it was about 70% of the volume, which is one of the main issues with the 33rpm pressings.

So this seems like quite a large shift from D&B records being produced for DJ's to now being aimed at the listeners/collectors, and DJ's that don't mind this format. Would be interesting to see the figures between this album EP and the Intersection Ep in sales in 6 months time to see if it paid off...considering we are rallying for a re-press of the Intersection EP so it can't have sold too badly, lol

Bro, don't b hold out on playing the Four:Fit EP because its 33rpm & quieter, it's too good not too play cuz... Love that FD tune, & the Anile tune

The number of sales still may not actually b the answer to the conversation. It could work out that the drop off from sales from people like yourselves, are being picked up by people like me. So there may not be any change at all. I've seen a few labels mention that they may switch to this format, & what people will think. But I'm yet to hear if the 4 tunes per 12" is working, it possibly maybe too early days to figure that out yet. I'm sure one of the labels will speak up about it soon though.

Yeah, well, now imagine how much artwork SWAG would you get if they've pressed those singles and the extra plate/EP now :jackson:

Well actually I need remind you of this...

1507924_10151980093886618_460795018641830466_n.jpg

Shogun also said on their Facebook to look out for a "special vinyl package/bundle". So it looks like another strawberry scented box set may be in the pipeline. :teeth:

Haven't bought any new vinyl since december and these sort of releases certainly aren't drawing me back, Rythmatix has pretty much covered my viewpoint already

If you see records as tools as a lot of dnb DJs do... you don't want a spanner that has 14 different heads on it but doesn't work as well as a normal one

Shogun also said on their Facebook to look out for a "special vinyl package/bundle". So it looks like another strawberry scented box set may be in the pipeline. :teeth:

I forgot about this! well, might be happy (er) after all...

Would be definitely a nice surprise but as I see Night Vision being already pressed on that mega vinyl pack, I don't really hold my breath for this to happen...

Haven't bought any new vinyl since december and these sort of releases certainly aren't drawing me back, Rythmatix has pretty much covered my viewpoint already

If you see records as tools as a lot of dnb DJs do... you don't want a spanner that has 14 different heads on it but doesn't work as well as a normal one

Basically this. Damn it, I buy a lot of CDs now as well to have a physical format of the whole album to listen to, I don't need it all on one or two plates on top of that...

Maybe there has been a decline in sales of vinyl albums where the tracks are spread across four 12" (including samplers) because of the cost.
I have to admit I've really got to love an entire album to buy the whole package.

Back
Top Bottom