Technimatic - Desire Paths LP (Shogun Audio)

Looking for Diversion is a fucking tune! That piano riff is wicked...great vocals as well.

Gonna be a great LP :2thumbs:

I'm glad there's all this liquid coming this Summer, perfect for roadtrips and all that jazz!

I'm glad there's all this liquid coming this Summer, perfect for roadtrips and all that jazz!
They're snot stupid these dnb labels are they? Save up all of the liquid releases for the summertime and then release the darker stuff in Autumn/Winter

Really really pissed off by the format of the pressing yet again. I'd rather have those 2 singles and maybe another one or 2x12" EP instead of 11 tunes on 2 plates. Strongly considering passing on this one as far as the vinyl goes...

Really really pissed off by the format of the pressing yet again. I'd rather have those 2 singles and maybe another one or 2x12" EP instead of 11 tunes on 2 plates. Strongly considering passing on this one as far as the vinyl goes...
bet you could guess I would say the same thing. not sure exactly where they are getting the idea that this sort of format sells better, as I am one of few people I know buying and playing D&B vinyl and it puts me right off. Keeno's album is also sick, but its pretty crazy wanting 16 pounds for a single 12", where I'm sure pressing 6 tunes on a record doesn't cost any more than doing 2. I just fear that they think its getting more people buying vinyl as its more music for money (well in theory, anyway), but those of us who have been buying it for years and had been continuing to buy it (the actual collectors/dedicated vinyl heads) will give up or get serato. I may be proved wrong (wouldn't be the first time, and I hope I am actually), but this is my fear...

I only collect vinyl for listening purposes and nice special bits so this is spot on for me :)

do you think that's who they are aiming these for now (serious question)?

I am so annoyed that my issue with the format has overruled how much I like this release. So many sick tunes...maybe I am just stuck in the past, where this would have been an amazing 4-5 12" album package...

Blah blah vinyl format #cry

I get it, but just look at that Artwork SWAG...

16815-1.jpg

:teeth:

do you think that's who they are aiming these for now (serious question)?

I am so annoyed that my issue with the format has overruled how much I like this release. So many sick tunes...maybe I am just stuck in the past, where this would have been an amazing 4-5 12" album package...

I think that's what they're thinking. And tbh I'm not sure that's a sound expectation as I don't know much people buying vinyl down here and all of those who do it are DJs so they are complaining about this as well/passing on releases because of this. I can somehow understand this when you're pressing an album aiming for the listeners (some laid-back, autonomic stuff and such), but come on, half of this album is aimed on the dancefloor, at least those first two singles were going down this path anyway. I might get it just because it's so good it would be a sin to pass on it but sadly it's almost unplayable in the club and that's a shame.

Blah blah vinyl format #cry

I get it, but just look at that Artwork SWAG...

16815-1.jpg

:teeth:

Yeah, well, now imagine how much artwork SWAG would you get if they've pressed those singles and the extra plate/EP now :jackson:

I disagree completely with your guys, I love this multiple tracks per side thing... It's bringing back my passion for buying new drum & bass on vinyl, the 33rpm doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not a particularly tight bastard really either, but I must admit, I do love that extra value. I guess I'm in a slightly different boat to you guys tho. I play CD's 95% of the time & my vinyl purchases are more of a collectors thing.

This change in format may be one of the few ways forward to continue producing & selling vinyl. If that is the case, I'd rather multiple tracks per side than no vinyl release at all tbh. I think it would be really interesting to see how this has effected vinyl sales for the like of labels like Exit, who seem to have switched to this format. I guess in some ways that could close this discussion from a labels perspective.

Back
Top Bottom