Dnb mix tips?

Quotec

Sup?

I have been recently thinking of making my first hour-long dnb mix, but I have no idea how to do this. I doubt that it's just plain playlist creating with no fx. The thing is that mixes involve smooth transitions between tracks - so what are some ways to make them like a boss? How should I download tracks from Youtube to get the best quality?

ok... here is the answer you don't want but its the correct answer. any other option will end in poor results.

1. get yourself some dj equipment (what type of equip? decide on a budget and choose from there. if money is limited go digital)
2. buy loads of tracks
3. spend a minimum of 5 years learning how to mix.
4. record a mix
5. listen back, swear a lot and start again.
6. rinse lather and repeat.

if your not interested in mixing then just download an existing djs set that plays the styles of tunes your after.

or better still, give me a list of tracks you want and paypal me £100 to do it for you.

- forau is right. you cant rip from youtube. well u can, it is possible but the quality will be poor.
listening directly from pootube is poor enough already. you cant polish a turd!

hope that helps.

if you want to do a mix, pay for the music you want to play.

Other than that do it how you want as long as you have fun.

But pay for your music.

All of the above. Rusty spoon to the eye normally does the trick.

In all seriousness, please pay for your music - we support the artists/tracks/labels we love by buying the music.

In regards to physically mixing your music, there is no rules. Just keep practicing and you will perfect the art.

Enjoy.

ok... here is the answer you don't want but its the correct answer. any other option will end in poor results.

1. get yourself some dj equipment (what type of equip? decide on a budget and choose from there. if money is limited go digital)
2. buy loads of tracks
3. spend a minimum of 5 years learning how to mix.
4. record a mix
5. listen back, swear a lot and start again.
6. rinse lather and repeat.

if your not interested in mixing then just download an existing djs set that plays the styles of tunes your after.

or better still, give me a list of tracks you want and paypal me £100 to do it for you.

- forau is right. you cant rip from youtube. well u can, it is possible but the quality will be poor.
listening directly from pootube is poor enough already. you cant polish a turd!

hope that helps.

I'll do it for £95 but I might choose different tunes

Back
Top Bottom