anyone playing with Bitwig?

DYSRUPT

I've been messing around with it off and on. The more I learn about containers and such, the more it makes sense. Especially bass resampling. The sampler is simple and with so many lfo, filter and envelope options, it should be great. But like I said, I haven't had a chance to sit down and really dig into it. Is anyone else messing with it? I can see tons of saved custom containers in the future being traded back and fourth.

Yeah man I got a NFR copy from them and put up some tutorials on my YouTube channel.

The containers idea looks great. It's like instrument racks and audio effect racks in Ableton but there are many different types of containers.

For bass design the best has to be the X Y controller. I made a tutorial on it you can check out here:

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of a thread dredge I know, but I'm curious to know if anybody out there is using this, and if so what their opinions are on this.

As an Apple user I went with Logic, which was no brainer given the price and the massive amount of content that comes with it. Overall I'm happy with Logic as I find it easy to work with, but I'm increasingly getting frustrated with Apples policy of locking down the hardware meaning no RAM or HD upgrades, and also the stingy amount of fast storage that comes as standard even with the Mac Pro.

What attracts me to Bitwig, apart from the price, is the ability to run it on a Linux system (albeit without an awful lot of VST support at the moment). I really wouldn't want to go Windows unless I really had to as I'm used to the UNIX command line and the way things work under a UNIX type system.

So is anybody using this as their primary DAW at the moment who's happy with it?

A bit of a thread dredge I know, but I'm curious to know if anybody out there is using this, and if so what their opinions are on this.

As an Apple user I went with Logic, which was no brainer given the price and the massive amount of content that comes with it. Overall I'm happy with Logic as I find it easy to work with, but I'm increasingly getting frustrated with Apples policy of locking down the hardware meaning no RAM or HD upgrades, and also the stingy amount of fast storage that comes as standard even with the Mac Pro.

What attracts me to Bitwig, apart from the price, is the ability to run it on a Linux system (albeit without an awful lot of VST support at the moment). I really wouldn't want to go Windows unless I really had to as I'm used to the UNIX command line and the way things work under a UNIX type system.

So is anybody using this as their primary DAW at the moment who's happy with it?

I've also heard good things.

Hamilton made his last release completely in Bigwig: https://www.ramrecords.com/shop/vinyl/ramm182

He has also done a couple of tutorials. Don't know of anyone else exclusively using it, but with any new DAW it will take a while for people to leave their comfort zone. It's definitely got some very interesting features and as you mention the option to use it across different OSs is attractive for sure.

Back
Top Bottom