Problem with Ableton not properly loading massive preset

Krispy

VIP Junglist
So here is my problem...

I have a project on the go with a few different channels using massive as the synth. Everything was working perfectly in my project. I had the project saved and it's half complete. Yesterday I reopen the project and, randomly and suddenly, the channels containing the instance of massive are no longer playing the previous synth presets. They are reset to default completely and the channel is just sounding like garbled garbage. When I open the instance of massive my previous synth settings are all gone.

Now I tried opening and closing the project several times and restarting my computer but no luck.
Also, tried opening other projects with massive as a synth and they work fine!!!

Another strange thing I noticed is that I have my 2 basslines grouped together. However, the group channel doesn't seem to register the bass sounds volume when played. I can even turn the group on and off but the bass still plays.

Something fishy is happening here, please help me I really want my bass line back.

I would like to note that this is a cracked version of massive. However I have been using it for years and have never had this problem. If this problem is related to that fact I will go buy a legit version right away.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So here is my problem...

I have a project on the go with a few different channels using massive as the synth. Everything was working perfectly in my project. I had the project saved and it's half complete. Yesterday I reopen the project and, randomly and suddenly, the channels containing the instance of massive are no longer playing the previous synth presets. They are reset to default completely and the channel is just sounding like garbled garbage. When I open the instance of massive my previous synth settings are all gone.

Now I tried opening and closing the project several times and restarting my computer but no luck.
Also, tried opening other projects with massive as a synth and they work fine!!!

Another strange thing I noticed is that I have my 2 basslines grouped together. However, the group channel doesn't seem to register the bass sounds volume when played. I can even turn the group on and off but the bass still plays.

Something fishy is happening here, please help me I really want my bass line back.

I would like to note that this is a cracked version of massive. However I have been using it for years and have never had this problem. If this problem is related to that fact I will go buy a legit version right away.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignoring the info about the cracked version, I'd say to you that when you create sounds inside massive, always save the patch before closing your DAW. This way you can always load the patch if it happens the way you told us.

Yeah I mean fair enough, that's what I get for using a cracked version. I suppose in my defense I started using this version of Massive years ago when I first began producing and didn't want to shell out the big bucks yet.

And yeah, another lesson I learned is to save your patches! Not only for future use but to prevent something like this from happening.

Back
Top Bottom