New RAM signings

I think it's mad that bensley hasn't even djd out before

Fair play to him, he must be fucking good, I think it gives hope to people tbh

Honestly, isn't this to best way to get picked up by a label? keeping shtum about your stuff and sending it to labels if you believe its good enough?

in my opinion, yes very much so. nothing worse than discovering someone interesting only to discover they've already blurted everything they have all over the internet in the pursuit of a few 'likes'. Automatic ignore & move on for me.

Honestly, isn't this to best way to get picked up by a label? keeping shtum about your stuff and sending it to labels if you believe its good enough?
Of course getting picked up by RAM is a bit different, but same principle no?

also i want to know what that damn piano tune is if its not this guy

They must have a lot of confidence in his music, even if they are signing everyone left right and centre, to sign someone who is unproven and has no fanbase is a huge gamble, what a move for the kid though.

They must have a lot of confidence in his music, even if they are signing everyone left right and centre, to sign someone who is unproven and has no fanbase is a huge gamble, what a move for the kid though.
Not sure why everyone think it's such a "huge gamble". It's actually quite risk free. It's DNB, what do you guys think producers are getting £50,000 advances when they sign? lol

If the music's there, the rest comes. Perfect example, Kove. His first two releases were with us (Viper) and Ram. It was blatantly obvious he was heads and tails above 99% of the demos you get from unknown producers who haven't released any tracks yet. We knew it. They knew it. I don't even know if he had a Facebook page when we signed his first single. If he did, it had 200 fans max. You're not going to turn down that kind of talent for someone who's tunes are inferior, but has 10k fans or whatever.

Last edited:
If the releases are good, a fanbase will follow. It's just a nice big promotion for Bensley to have it on such a big label from the start.

Stealth is the only name there I'd really rate, be interesting to see how he fares on Ram, hope they let him do his own thing and don't push him too hard to build stadium bangers. If they let him stew in his own juices and take his time I can see him doing some great things tbh, he's got the production chops to compete at that level, just want to hear him doing Molten Beats type stuff and not big synthy singalong anthems.

Stealth is the only name there I'd really rate, be interesting to see how he fares on Ram, hope they let him do his own thing and don't push him too hard to build stadium bangers. If they let him stew in his own juices and take his time I can see him doing some great things tbh, he's got the production chops to compete at that level, just want to hear him doing Molten Beats type stuff and not big synthy singalong anthems.

I can assure you that neither Ram (or any other major label) put pressure on their artists! Just look at the wide variety of different sounding tunes being released by them for evidence.

I'm starting to think that maybe the tune from 0:18 onwards is the Bensley tune, would be pretty sick if it was!

Last edited by a moderator:
wasn't expecting Audio.. he's to underground withOptiv/BTK/ed rush ect.. look forward to seeing his realise tho, stealths got a couple bangers../scrummage/Nanite. haven't heard of Barsley. must be sick ha

good clip of the piano tune here from 3:50

Surprised no one has mentioned the possibility that this could be a Calyx & Teebee tune. Some of the sounds in it are a bit like Strung Out (VIP), and they are supposed to be releasing some new stuff shortly. I'm probably wrong but I thought I'd mention it

I'm starting to think that maybe the tune from 0:18 onwards is the Bensley tune, would be pretty sick if it was!

Sub Focus played it back in Feb as his last tune, can't imagine Bensley sent it to Sub Focus.. Could be Sub Focus if only him and Andy play it?

Back
Top Bottom