New RAM signings

Norwax

VIP Junglist
So, looks like Audio, Stealth and Bensley just signed to RAM.

Wasn't expecting Audio, tbh.

10154955_747519055281314_722047314_n.jpg

http://www.ramrecords.com/articles/9874

No idea... Can't find anything about him.

Some Canadian bloke that sent a demo and got signed immediately :teeth:

Curious to see his sound

Hypetalk taken from soundcloud
Never before in Ram Records’ 20+ year history has a story as unique and exciting as Bensley’s unfolded. No previous releases. No previous DJ shows. The 19 year old Canadian sent a demo to his favourite label in December 2013 and was signed exclusively within weeks. Embodying the spirit of ‘letting the music do all the talking’ with an added aspirational emphasis that talent really does get spotted amidst the oceanic pools of internet creativity, Bensely’s productions blew the roof off Ram’s Hornchurch HQ on first listen.

Digest his sounds and you’ll understand just why Ram Records snapped him up so quickly. Teetering on the precipice of dark drama and majestic melody, his compositions capture the essence of everything that’s exciting in drum & bass right now. Instantly resonating like you already know them, yet sounding like nothing you’ve heard before, Bensley productions convey a contemporary energy and dynamic that’s instantly distinctive.

Dig into his past and you’ll understand just why Bensley creates the music he does. Influenced by his talented jazz musician grandfather, Bensley is an accomplished saxophone player who travelled throughout Ontario and won various awards as part of his school band. Just as inspired by jazz pioneers Dave Brubeck and Charlie Parker as he is by Loadstar and Wilkinson, his arrangement and chord progressions knowledge goes much deeper than a DAW interface.

When he’s not buried deep in studio science, the Toronto-based artist can be found wakeboarding, gaming and working at a local grocery store. Uninspired by his software development studies, Bensley quit college late 2013 to focus purely on the music. Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine a deal with drum & bass’s biggest label would land so quickly… And he’s eager to live up to every challenge such a unique story will throw him. Stay locked.

Last edited:
Very interested to hear what Audio will release on Ram, he says in interviews that he's constantly producing so presumably he's next album wont be a massive departure from his last... Fair enough leaving Virus, they've been pretty anonymous recently.

Pisses me off when RAM have time to do shit like this. Yet some of their artists havent released in nearly 2 years. Ahem.... Culture Shock who clearly has a tonne of productions under his belt. Haha, but this is exciting news on the other hand. RAM's about to get dark!

Last edited:
Bensley track mustve been one hell of a tune. Theres gonna be a shit ton of hype to live up to now. Hopefully it wont be a self sabotage situation.
As for audio, I cant see him changing his sound. Keen for his debut ram release (not inc neo rmx)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is this by any chance one of Bensley's tracks? Listen @ 2:12 [video=youtube_share;kOH-YWboMjg]http://youtu.be/kOH-YWboMjg[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is this by any chance one of Bensley's tracks? Listen @ 2:12 [video=youtube_share;kOH-YWboMjg]http://youtu.be/kOH-YWboMjg[/video]

Nope, it's not Bensley's track, RAM confirmed it on facebook https://www.facebook.com/RAMrecordsltd/photos/a.133393256693900.15315.111330538900172/747519055281314/?type=1&comment_id=20009612&offset=-50&total_comments=65

Why do they feel the need to sign so many artists? Why not just continue to nurture a small group like every other label? lol. I'm dissapointed they've signed Audio tbh, sort of like when Hospital signed SPY - although his style hasn't really changed

I'm dissapointed they've signed Audio tbh, sort of like when Hospital signed SPY - although his style hasn't really changed

So why does it disappoint you then?

If a producer stays true to himself and has the backing of a major DnB record label then surely only good things can come from it? The producer has the comfort of knowing he'll have a steady income and just be able to get on with his work. (Although I think most outstanding music in history has been made when people are in dire straits or mentally unstable.)

So why does it disappoint you then?

If a producer stays true to himself and has the backing of a major DnB record label then surely only good things can come from it? The producer has the comfort of knowing he'll have a steady income and just be able to get on with his work. (Although I think most outstanding music in history has been made when people are in dire straits or mentally unstable.)

Dunno man, I liked seeing him float around CIA, Shogun etc. obv he weren't exclusive as well so I could see what was in for him plus the size of the label.

I'm not too stoked by this tbh. I was quite happy with the recent RAM roster so I hope this won't mean less releases from the artist they already have (as for Culture Shock, when do the people finally understand it's his decision not to release shit, not the label's). Stealth might as well stayed signed to ProgRAM, dunno what Medd is on about as Virus have been more prolific than ever in last two years but I can see the appeal for Audio here...really intrigued about Bensley doe.

Last edited:
Virus is just done now though surely, unless they can put out their own material often. Sort of reminds me of the jump up label Grid who lost their only exclusive signing and the whole things gone up the shitter

Virus is just done now though surely, unless they can put out their own material often. Sort of reminds me of the jump up label Grid who lost their only exclusive signing and the whole things gone up the shitter

I'd hardly say they're done

New Ed Rush & Optical LP plus a new Optiv & BTK LP

There's nothing stopping Virus from signing someone to replace Audio

Was Audio ever actually signed with Virus?

I know he put out 3 albums with them, but I remember hearing he didn't have an official deal with them or anything...

I'm not too stoked by this tbh. I was quite happy with the recent RAM roster so I hope this won't mean less releases from the artist they already have (as for Culture Shock, when do the people finally understand it's his decision not to release shit, not the label's). Stealth might as well stayed signed to ProgRAM, dunno what Medd is on about as Virus have been more prolific than ever in last two years but I can see the appeal for Audio here...really intrigued about Bensley doe.

I dunno it just kinda feels like Audio was carrying the label a bit, mainly because of Ed Rush & Optical delaying their album for so long.

Back
Top Bottom